Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Pack Rat

What to do!?

I have this 1980 Schwinn Stringray II that I’m not sure what to do with. It’s a solid bike, and my kids (and myself at times) ride it. I’ve had it for years, and paid around $20 for it, but I don’t know what I should do with it. Is it worth finding original parts and refurbishing it, or should I...
  2. Pack Rat

Looking for info

I’m hoping someone can tell me a little more about this middleweight I picked up yesterday for $50. I was told it was from the 60s. Entered the serial number in a Schwinn bike page and it came up as being manufactured in 1957. Markings on the Wald fenders, AS & Co head badge, and wheels place it...
  3. Pack Rat

My first real bike

My dad sent me this picture a while ago (yes thats me in the 1980s get up) and I wanted to put it on here in hopes of someone being able to ID it. I cant remember when I got it, but it belonged to one of my uncles back in the 70s or early 80s. My grandaddy fixed it up and gave it to me. I rode...
  4. Pack Rat

Schwinn "The Sting" BMX

Hey everyone. I havnt been on here in a while...been really busy. Anyways, I picked up an old Schwinn "The Sting" BMX at a garage sale this weekend for 5 bucks. I thought I was just getting a parts bike, but when I looked it over it was in pretty good shape, so I decided to keep it as is. I took...
  5. Pack Rat

Got another one

Well my neighbor dug out this old trike from the dump and gave it to me. I dont know what it is (make? year?) but I figured i'd mess around with it and try to make it nice. Its pretty #@&*ed up but i know i can fix it. Just dont know which way to go with it. My wife is diggin it so i'm gonna...
  6. Pack Rat

My "new" bikes

Here are 2 bikes I recentlly acquired. The first one is a 26" Schwinn anniversary edition cruiser (1995?) that my neighbor got out of the dump for me. Great condition. Its amazing what some people throw away. I thought about parting it out but decided to leave it alone and get some use out of...
  7. Pack Rat

My bikes

I just joined the forum so I figured i'd put some pictures of my bikes on here. They arent anything special just works in progress but theyre mine and i like them so here goes. The first one is an early 90's 26" Hampton Cruiser that i found in the woods behind my old apartment (probablly some...
  8. Pack Rat

Hey from sunny Florida

Hey everyone, I've been looking at this site for a while now and finally decided to join up. I currently live in Green Cove Springs, FL (south of Jax). I'm originally from the Pensacola area, but kinda stayed here after getting out of the Navy. Anyways, i've always owned, ridden, and tinkered...
Back