Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Pack Rat

What to do!?

I have this 1980 Schwinn Stringray II that I’m not sure what to do with. It’s a solid bike, and my kids (and myself at times) ride it. I’ve had it for years, and paid around $20 for it, but I don’t know what I should do with it. Is it worth finding original parts and refurbishing it, or should I...
  2. Pack Rat

Dyno Coaster find

Nice! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Pack Rat

Looking for info

Yep. Also Wald fenders, Union pedals, Bendix 70 rear hub and “Vista Scorpion” Goodyear tires from 1969 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Pack Rat

Looking for info

That old Schwinn badge someone put on it is probably worth more than the whole bike lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Pack Rat

Looking for info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Pack Rat

Looking for info

After tons of research and asking on other forums I came up with it being a Stelber-Iverson/Ross mashup branded as a Vista. Pretty weird and a cheaper hardware store bike. But I’ll keep it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Pack Rat

Looking for info

Well, that’s a downer. Pics are on the RRB FB discussion board if anyone is interested Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Pack Rat

Looking for info

See them now? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Pack Rat

Looking for info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Pack Rat

Looking for info

I’m hoping someone can tell me a little more about this middleweight I picked up yesterday for $50. I was told it was from the 60s. Entered the serial number in a Schwinn bike page and it came up as being manufactured in 1957. Markings on the Wald fenders, AS & Co head badge, and wheels place it...
  11. Pack Rat

Bikes with racks, bags, crates etc

Pretty basic but it gets me to the store and back ;)
  12. Pack Rat

My first real bike

Thanks. Could be...i dunno. Its not a great picture and it just looks like an average old generic BMX to me. I'm really just reaching for straws here. But who knows, someone could say "hey I had one just like that...heres what it is"
  13. Pack Rat

My first real bike

My dad sent me this picture a while ago (yes thats me in the 1980s get up) and I wanted to put it on here in hopes of someone being able to ID it. I cant remember when I got it, but it belonged to one of my uncles back in the 70s or early 80s. My grandaddy fixed it up and gave it to me. I rode...
  14. Pack Rat

Schwinn "The Sting" BMX

Hey everyone. I havnt been on here in a while...been really busy. Anyways, I picked up an old Schwinn "The Sting" BMX at a garage sale this weekend for 5 bucks. I thought I was just getting a parts bike, but when I looked it over it was in pretty good shape, so I decided to keep it as is. I took...
  15. Pack Rat

'79 Headhunter Stingray

Thats awesome man. I love the head. Where'd you get it? I have a 1980 Stingray 2 that i need to do something to. I think a springer fork would be a great start
  16. Pack Rat

Another $40 Local

Hey man its nice to have a buddy who works at the landfill :mrgreen:
  17. Pack Rat

Got another one

Well i was thinkin i'd just bend that wheel back straight, pop some rubber on it and go :lol: Seriously though it definately needs some TLC. How do you like that "shim" for the handlebars??
  18. Pack Rat

WCC grows up

Thats cool man. You'd definately turn some heads with that. It looks like little guy likes it too.
  19. Pack Rat

Another $40 Local

Nice man...i've got one very similar and about the same age. i love it. I got mine for free but hey $40 is still a good deal
  20. Pack Rat

Got another one

Thanks man
Back