Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Schweetcruisers

New Name "Shameless" Frame is not Bent... just poorly built!

It probably could, but would need a frame jig and some welding,...I don't have either! I'm just going to leave it, its been that way since '33-'34.
  2. Schweetcruisers

I am pretty sure, I personally have never seen anything like this. The original chain ring was just a regular plan jane star, its my understanding if they put a offset in the frame to avoid the chain ring it was in the lengh of the stays not their placement on the bottom bracket. I did check my...
  3. Schweetcruisers

Bent Frame no...Poorly Built Frame yes So for the longest time I thought this frame was bent, it rode bad and always want to turn on you, it seemed like a dog chasing its tail. Well after some investigating I found this Chain stays on left of the bike 1/8" from the edge of the Bottom Bracket...
  4. Schweetcruisers

New Name "Shameless" Ok I thought about it and I now have a direction to go in and I know what I am going to do. Just need this rain to stop so I can strip the paint! The bike will forever be known from this point on as "Shameless"
  5. Schweetcruisers

Re: U-Turn(name will not stick) Thanks Gerry, yeah lawn got mowed, but until the bike gets done ...well, that's a different story.
  6. Schweetcruisers

Well, Better late than never. I am echoing a lot of builders when I say this, but really wasn't planning on doing this time around. I wasn't motivated and really busy with work and since I promised my wife we would reclaim our backyard from the Dogs this summer, the funds are slim. Then I...
  7. Schweetcruisers

Bryant St. Cruiser Werks Presents The Deuce de Ville

Thanks for the comments! Its was a really fun build. I was at the Denver Veloswap today and aquired a new headlight, so once I rewire it for LED it will be on the bike. Stay posted... Thats not a brake its a bell!, when you pull the brake lever and the bell behind the seat rings.
  8. Schweetcruisers

The Deuce de Ville updated pics 10/22 Bike features old Miller and Union Generator lights rebuilt with LED's and completley functually all wiring is run through the frame. Special crank bought from Cycles US that allows a American bottom bracket and Euro pedals. Old MTB stem with pulley and...
  9. Schweetcruisers

ok, here goes my one week build, the bike was started last Thursday 10/14/10 and as of today 10/21/10 it is complete. I will take final pics tomarrow weather permitting. I am using a prewar Shelby Built Hiawathia frame, 24" Cream Schwinn S-2's w/ Nirve 24 x 3 Tires, New Triple Tree frok. Over...
  10. Schweetcruisers

The Way Out Suburbanite

Build link viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26198 Well its done, do to my work load and serious lack of free time this summer, the trailer never got finished, and I decided to loose the the tank all together. I will post pics with the trailer later on, Parts and Cost 1936-38 Colson Flyer...
  11. Schweetcruisers

'57 Speed Creep

to post pictures simply copy and paste the image code from photobucket :D Like the colors,cool bike
  12. Schweetcruisers

skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Re: skull-o sis (steering concept revealed) I've been running one for a while, their not a straight bolt on, I had to shim it out using washers in between the race and the ring. Good luck, I love they way they look.
  13. Schweetcruisers

The Way Out Suburbanite

Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...Progress 5/26 Sorry been meaning to respond to this, I found the bars at another a fellow collectors house, they're repops from the 90's
  14. Schweetcruisers

The Way Out Suburbanite

Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...Tank 1 Thanks for everyone's imput, I think I am going to stick with the original tank or tank 1. I did however figure a way to dress it up a bit so stay tuned for updates!
  15. Schweetcruisers

The Way Out Suburbanite

Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...Tank 1 or Tank 2? Thanks again for all the great comments, I think I am leaning towards tank 1, its simple and the I do like the Deco look of it, I did build tank 2 to tie in with the trailer, but it ended up looking like a fish imo :roll: Its about a 1/4"...
  16. Schweetcruisers

Tiki Time! Update and lessons learned

Hey saw this at my LBS and thought of your build, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 602_263622
  17. Schweetcruisers

The Way Out Suburbanite

Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...Tank 1 or Tank 2? So if go back through the tread you'll see the first tank I made so that is tank 1. I remade the tank but not sure how I feel about it so, I leave it to RatRod Bike nation. Tank 1 Tank 2(tank is unfinished) Oh yeah the progress on the...
  18. Schweetcruisers

The Way Out Suburbanite

Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...Progress 5/26 Thanks guys, but its SOOOOOOO far from being done, I still have a bunch to do like, wood tank finishing the trailer woodie accents dash board and a few thing I not disclosing yet!!!
  19. Schweetcruisers

dumpster_diver's Hiawatha

Dang! those CWC's are multipling like rabbits! :shock:
Back