Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Allow me to reintroduce myself...

Hey I'm Bo - it's been some time but my love of bikes is ever present. Glad to be back!
  2. B

Long time, no talk...

Hey, I'm Bo - used to post on here till life took a turn. Just put together my wife's new dutch step-through and thought I reintroduce myself. Glad to be back... :D
  3. B

Anyone used a sealed headset for threaded 1" on a crusier?

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_175524_-1_201521_10000_201527 Any of y'all ever used one of these? I am interested in their headsets and comfort quill stem... :D Do sealed headsets work with old crusiers?
  4. B

Dallas TX - Cyclesomatic is happening now!

It started Friday but it goes through this Sunday, the 11th. I'm mad I couldn't make the Friday showing of B.I.K.E, a film about tall bike culture, the outlaw bike club Black Label Bike Club and the toll of obsession/addiction/passion. Looks crazy. Might have to order the DVD...
  5. B

Conversion issues with my French roadie

I just got into learning how to build bikes this year, as my wife (we just got married) has an early 60's Rollfast/Firestone (the badge is from a shop) that I am slowly redoing...and a no badged Huffy? 80's ladies' cruiser that I keep ridable for her (it will get a makeover this winter). After...
  6. B

Murray bikes? Thoughts? Help!

I found a lugged Murray road bike on CL with horizontal dropouts, looks kinda newish...it's selling for $20. I have no clue about this brand...is it Chinese made? Are they junk? I am only intrigued because of the lugged frame... Any thoughts, guys/gals? :D
  7. B

Not having a workstand or anything like it is killing me

Seriously, Was I asking for scraped paint (which happened) and a night of sheer frustration as I tried to reassemble my first bike without a stand? Why yes, yes I was. Not having space, a stand or vise, and dirtying up the apartment is making me go crazy with frustration. I want to get...
  8. B

How bikes capped off our wedding

Me and my lovely bride got married about 10 days ago, and to cap off the weekend we did a photo shoot...while I didn't make the deadline for getting her bike done - I popped a new seat and some Velo Orange grips on her blue (Huffy?) crusier and I grabbed my Peugeot (this fall's single speed...
  9. B

New York City and bikes

So its my last night in the city...and I am going to miss the NYC bike culture and the sheer number of awesome bikes. Plenty of Raleighs, the good schwinns, old Hawthornes and even a couple of Rollfasts...not to mention all the single speed and fixies. A few ratty bikes, and just overall...
  10. B

I think I'm going to change my name to...

either threadkiller or topickiller. I GUESS I NEED TO FINISH MY FIRST BIKE?
  11. B

For you Louisiana Ratters...might want to road trip

My friend told me there is a vintage store in Baton Rouge LA that has some old Panasonic (odd I know) and some other random brand road bikes still in the box for $250.00 Not cruisers but NOS bikes always make me smile. Might want to go do some digging if you are in the region.
  12. B

Fleetwood's Kit Kat weekly rides in Dallas...?

stopped off in a random shop last week, http://fleetwoodskitkat.com/ and found it was a crusiser "boutique"...decent shop, but not really rat rod but Feetwood was nice and they had some nice new bikes in rad color schemes and a few, if not a little overpriced, parts and accessories. But they DO...
  13. B

Moving to Dallas, trying not to overstress

I want to be working on our bikes but me and my fiance are trying to get our houses packed up for a move to Dallas, as we will be spending the first portion of our marriage there due to her getting an opportunity to go to fashion design school. I am really blessed, but this last 18 months has...
  14. B

Any bike swap meets is the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Do any of your DFW'ers know of any bike swap meets or local places to get parts for builds? I am new to bike building and I have no inventory to pull from for the 3 builds I am doing...(2 cruisers and a single speed road bike) Thanks guys...this site rules.
  15. B

slow progress and newbie frustration

So, this is a bike that my fiance got. I decided to rebuild it for her as a pre-weding gift. I can't identify the make or model from the badge, other than it was made in New Orleans? It kinda looks like a Flightliner? But my education on vintage bikes is still limited. It was in fairly bad...
  16. B

So, here goes something...

Hey, I'm Bo from Fort Worth Texas. Grew up around here, went off to school in Denton at UNT, got into import cars and drag racing American Muscle, graduated with a BBA, came back to FW, got a small corporate job for about 6 years, entered seminary and got my MTS in theology, got my first...
Back