Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. mybike1

the Elimiskater

Ok, I was about to build this anyway so I figured why not enter it in the build off.... I bought this stripped down and neglected Murray Eliminator for $5 a few months ago and I really just bought it because I thought the coffin shaped headbadge was really cool. I have a coffin shaped...
  2. mybike1

tube benders ???

I'm ready to start shopping around for some type of tube bender so I can start building my own frames and bars and such things. I'd like to know what some of you guys are using and what advice you might have. I know good benders can be in the thousands of dollars...but I'm gonna be in the $400...
  3. mybike1

Industrial trike

I picked this up the other day. It's a pretty cool bike that looks like it could carry hundreds and hundreds of pounds up front... it's built like a tank. and I quickly realized I don't have room for it in my garage :)... so I probably need to sell it soon.
  4. mybike1

Sand dune downhill riders !

Well... my friend Chad thought it was a good idea to take an old worn out Schwinn Homegrown to our local sand dunes and try riding down 'em... we did and it was fun. Now we're gonna build a couple of dune destroyers just for that purpose. I'm thinkin' I need a pair of extra wide tires like the...
  5. mybike1

Hawthorne resto - FINISHED!

Well, I just finished up another project... a ladies Hawthorne. I'm not sure of her age... maybe 1940's? anyone know? It's not 100% correct in some collectors eyes, but she's a beauty to me. I think it turned out pretty good myself :D
  6. mybike1

Schwinn locking fork... no key

So... what do I do with a Schwinn locking fork that I don't have a key for? What are my options?... it's locked now :(
  7. mybike1

$40 1952 Schwinn Phantom *pic heavy*

What kind of classic Schwinn Phantom can be bought for $40? A very rusty one... I just got it this morning.The battery acid seemed to burn through the tank and the frame itself... yikes! I think the fork, chainguard, fenderlight, rear rack and maybe a few other parts are salvagable... Anyone...
  8. mybike1

Sandblasting help

So, I just bought one of those "black Bull" 20lb pressurized sandblasters from TSC and I can't wait to start using it. Anyone have any experience with these type of blasters and any recomendations what type of blasting media works well with these... and where to buy? Thanks.
  9. mybike1

Bike show / swap Oct. 9th Michigan City, Indiana

Weather permitting.... We are putting together a bike show and swap October 9th at Michigan City's Skatepark. All types, makes and models are welcome... prewar restorations... vintage BMX ... ratty ratrods...and anything in between... This is going to be part of an event called the "bike a skate...
  10. mybike1

BMX / Skateboard

Two good finds last week... first, this totally radical Team Schwinn sporting some old school parts like... Oakley III grips, Ukai rims, Sugino race sprocket, KKT lightning pedals, Elina seat, blue comp III tires, and my favorite... Race Inc. Bars :D Then... holy cow... I cant believe I was...
  11. mybike1

1950 Schwinn Excelsior trike ~ New Pic

the beginning of another project... my 24" 1950 Schwinn excelsior combined with a schwinn trike rear. It's eventually gonna wear some vintage baloon tires all around and a few other small changes including a vintage aluminum cooler on the rear.
  12. mybike1

1948 Schwinn "Project Motorbike" new pics!

I'm finally making progress on my motorbike project now that I got a welder. I gave it a mild 4" stretch. Here's a pic that I took a few days ago...the bottom of the frame is all buttoned up now and is looking nice and straight. I can't wait to get started on the tank.
  13. mybike1

skip tooth cog with a snap ring?

I need to put a skip tooth rear cog on a standard rear hub (the kind that usually requires a snap ring to hold the cog in place)... Were any skip tooth rear sprockets ever made for the snap ring type hubs or were they all made with the screw on lock ring?
  14. mybike1

late 60's bantam

Got this one the other day... looks to be a late 60's bantam with a nanner seat, sissy bar and ape hangers added on sometime at a later date. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it just yet, maybe just flip it... idk.
  15. mybike1

1995 schwinn

Got it for an easy $75 Friday afternoon. Clean as a whistle. rides like the wind. My new favorite bike.
  16. mybike1

Mead Ranger

it found me yesterday... skiptooth drivetrain and everything seems OG. Anyone know much about this particular model? I can only find info on similar, but not exact Ranger.
  17. mybike1

Old bicycle lanterns

So, I've been keeping an eye open for an old bicycle lantern for quite a while now and haven't had much luck finding a halfway decent looking one that works for a price I can afford. Anybody have one for sale? Also, I know how the kerosine and oil ones work but the carbide ones are a mystery to...
  18. mybike1

Picked it up Yesterday...

An old Mead Ranger. I have one similar already, but with the typical schwinn style frame. I always have a hard time finding info on these Rangers, I usually find stuff from the 20's and 30's but not much after. Anybody have any info for me? And possibly where top find a a tank?
  19. mybike1

Summer is short

So, Summer is short over here in northern Indiana and I'm looking for a reason to get outta work and go for a ride on a couple of my bikes. I own a bike shop here in Michigan City, Indiana and would like to see if there is any interest in a few RatRodders meeting up over here...maybe every other...
  20. mybike1

JC higgins colorflow

So... I've had this old JC Higgins mens colorflow sitting around in my basement for a couple years now and I think it's time to do something with it. It's not in the best condition, the tank is gone... front fender light...gone, the rear fender is hacked... etc. So here's my question...plan...
Back