Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. mybike1

Motorbike Find

Yup, Excelsior built right here in my hometown on Michigan City, In.... The factory was sold to D.P. Harris in 1936 I believe....as a matter of fact, 2014 Excelsiors will be available for purchase sometime mid June being distributed by my bike shop... "MyBike of Michigan City"...
  2. mybike1

the Elimiskater

Here it is this morning... rideable... and super fun ... got a few thumbs up from people as I was riding it down to the beach yesterday afterwork :) Now I'm gonna take a few days off from working on it and think about the best way to make the rack for my skateboard... maybe a wheelie bar...
  3. mybike1

the Elimiskater

Ok, I was about to build this anyway so I figured why not enter it in the build off.... I bought this stripped down and neglected Murray Eliminator for $5 a few months ago and I really just bought it because I thought the coffin shaped headbadge was really cool. I have a coffin shaped...
  4. mybike1

1948 Schwinn "Project Motorbike" new pics!

Don't worry Ratsphinx, That old school bell is filtered :)
  5. mybike1

Ok, I looked around and didn't like any of the current hub adapters for the rear sprocket... plus I was **** bent on using the original New departure hub that I have... So, I made my own. Here's how... I machined a couple pieces 6" diameter. The piece on the left is going on the outside of the...
  6. mybike1

Ol school Mongoose Decade Update found a missing piece.

Re: Ol school Mongoose Decade w/ some tasty upgrades Fisch, I think your wife is correct... "if you put desires out there they may return to you." Seems like that may be the case here :shock:
  7. mybike1

40's Rollfast

Looks good already! Can't wait to see how this project turns out! I've had a few Rollfasts myself... such cool bikes!
  8. mybike1

Earthscraper

Re: Centrix Earthscraper Looks great !!!!
  9. mybike1

Well... I wanted to try this and I think it turned out pretty good.... I made some cooling fins for the exhaust... just because I think they look cool :)
  10. mybike1

Oh, I meant to post this one too... it shows the width of the tanks a little better... more pics to come... I have something I'd like to get done on it tomorrow...top secret :D
  11. mybike1

I know it's been a while, but I'm getting a lot done lately :) I swapped out the seat to a vintage brooks, went ahead and got the skiptooth stuff put on, finished up the tank and tank covers, made an exhaust from scratch and lots more! I'm in the middle of fabbing up the rear sprocket adapter...
  12. mybike1

tube benders ???

Cool.. thanks guys, I'll be buying one of those soon :)
  13. mybike1

tube benders ???

Cool, thanks for all the info! Honestly, I'm a little sketched out about the HF tube roller only because I have a neighbor who rolled a very mild bend in a 20" long tube and it was pretty ovalized when he was finished with it... please tell me that it was something he did incorrectly?... or is...
  14. mybike1

tube benders ???

I'm ready to start shopping around for some type of tube bender so I can start building my own frames and bars and such things. I'd like to know what some of you guys are using and what advice you might have. I know good benders can be in the thousands of dollars...but I'm gonna be in the $400...
  15. mybike1

Industrial trike

I picked this up the other day. It's a pretty cool bike that looks like it could carry hundreds and hundreds of pounds up front... it's built like a tank. and I quickly realized I don't have room for it in my garage :)... so I probably need to sell it soon.
  16. mybike1

Excelsior

Very Nice! those were actually made right here in my home town of Michigan City, In... just a few blocks down the street from my bike shop :)
  17. mybike1

Odd CCM and monark [dana question]

Re: Odd CCM and monark Funny stuff... I just got an older canti framed Schwinn the other day with that same 3 speed... and I'm looking to turn it around for a quick sale... any offers? I can take pics if interested. Not trying to hi-jack this post... I just thought it was funny that I had never...
  18. mybike1

Re: 1948 Schwinn "Project Motorbike" Thanks for the positive comments guys, this is a fun project. Let me fill in some of the details on the build. Keep in mind, I'm no master craftsman so please excuse my "less than stellar" fabrication work :) First off... It's a '48 Schwinn.. and yup, I'm...
  19. mybike1

Re: 1948 Schwinn "Project Motorbike" Well... slowly making progress.... I'll post up some more pics soon. Until then I need some advise. I'm running a grubee skyhawk motor and need to know what you guys think about the best rear hub/gear combos available out there.
  20. mybike1

1950 Schwinn Excelsior trike ~ New Pic

Re: 1950 Schwinn Excelsior trike ~ one step further A little more work done... I didn't think the rear end looked quite right, so I'm adding a little step. I'm probably gonna fill it in with aluminum to match the cooler or a dark stained wood. I haven't made up my mind just yet.
Back