Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Xavier

Single Speed Road Bikes

The Road Bike has quite a few advantages. It's light, and the narrow tires roll very easily. The riding position can be aggressive with drop bars, or upright with North road type bars. A Road Bike's problem is it's complicated. I can see the allure of a fixie's simplicity, but frankly, my...
  2. Xavier

Raleigh Grand Prix Single Speed

This Raleigh Single Speed evolved from a Grand Prix raod bike. While not a rat per se, it began with only a frame and front fork. I found a 27 inch Raleigh high flange front rim on ebay, and I purchased another 27 inch low flange front rim. Then I laced a new Strumey-Archer coaster brake into...
  3. Xavier

Bikula

Sometimes you never know where a project might lead you. This old Elgin frame started out on a journey to become a Boardtracker. With the playful addition of a skirted rear fender draping the rear wheel like a cape, and two mountain bike handlebar extensions placed on the old handlebars like...
  4. Xavier

Old Elgin

I put some wheels and a chainwheel on this old Elgin today. I'm not sure which direction it will take me.........But it rides OK.
  5. Xavier

Riding with a dog

I was going to add this to the photo contest, but I see it's closed......The bike is Lucky 13, the dog is Ilsa.
  6. Xavier

Raleigh PUB

If you want to go a new bike with coolness, take a look at the PUB. Raleigh disconinued them in 2006, after just one year, and they are going relatively cheap now..... [/img]
  7. Xavier

JC Higgins Colorflow

JC Higgins Colorflow frame Monark repro front forks Brooks seat Schwinn crank Kiddie bike handlebars
  8. Xavier

JC Higgins Colorflow

I bought an old JC Higgins Colorflow frame off ebay for $30, and slapped on some wheels and a Monark repro front fork. The handlebars are off a kid's bike, but they work well. I'm not sure whether or not I will paint it at all.
  9. Xavier

Murray Badlands MTB

I found this Murray at a garage sale today, for $30. I talked them down to $22 and bought it. I'm thinking black, I'd like to do a coaster brake, but I'll probably keep the deraileur, make it a five speed with ape hangers and a banana seat. I may have a rat trap springer fork...
  10. Xavier

Aboriginal Bike

11. Xavier

Lucky 13

12. Xavier

Tribal Bike

We answered a newspaper ad and bought this one for my wife. $40, and the tires even held air. Trying to convince her to let me do anything to her precious is tough, but........... A different seat, pedals, grips and a general polishing...... What's that thing on front? The...
  13. Xavier

Lucky 13

14. Xavier

Reborn

Hi guys. Years ago, me and my pals built our own bikes from scrap. Once we were old enough to drive, we built our own hot rods. I have built Model T speedsters, and even went so far as to drop a 327 V8 into a 1956 MGA. More recently, I have restored Series IIA Land Rovers. I recently got...
Back