Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Klunk

Really on the fence about how to finish this thing. I'd like to leave it to naturally rust and age...but I want it really dark in colour almost black. Also think I need to go dig up some painting wheels threads, I really want back rims.
  2. S

Klunk

It all starts with a frame. Integrated bar and stem, I pulled this off a mid 80's mtb I had. With a beast like this good brakes are important. Going OG with some Sturmey drum brakes. Rear wheel gets brakes and gears all tucked into the hub. This thing is a tank, the hub is 1400g. I come...
  3. S

The Transporter - 700c Cruiser - mix of old and new

Bit of an update as parts arrived. Decided against the Shimano disk 3sp hub and going with a Sturmey 3sp with Drum brake. No more need to spread the rear drop out or weld on a disc tab. I had misread the original spec and it's a 1 1/8th headtube, so my bars and fork I had would not work...
  4. S

High powered LED lighs DIY

This is a LED light I have made for night mtb riding. Not really a full "how to" write up, but I can expand on it if anyone wants full details and links to places to purchase parts. Pretty sure I'll build another variation on this for my "Transporter" bike build I have on the go. Something less...
  5. S

The Transporter - 700c Cruiser - mix of old and new

Getting started on a bike to ride to work daily here in North Vancouver BC. I picked up a frame from Chaingang Lowrider in Calgary, it's a generic 26" Cantilever reproduction. The frame is raw unpainted. I have a vintage mountain bike that I have striped to use some of the parts. Specifically...
  6. S

VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

198? Norco Mountaineer. It's almost identical to the Norco Mountaineer SL I bought in 1987 when I was in grade 6. I cut lawns and saved up every penny I could to buy the bike, I was 10 years old. Ended up trading it in on my next bike a 1993 KHS Comp. I found this bike at a second hand shop...
  7. S

Saddle, what you got??

Cardiff also some nice leather saddles. http://www.cardiffltd.com/index.html
  8. S

Will a frame recoverd from a fire be re-buildable?

The frames were all hanging on a rack I had built for them. I think it will just end up being a wall item now. Would have been neat to salvage it, but I don't want it crumpling under my girl while she is flying down the rather steep hill here on the North Shore. Thanks
  9. S

RRBBO #4?

Why not two classes, same theme, chopped and un-chopped? Allows everyone to get involved.
  10. S

RRBBO #4?

Make the theme 700c so my project falls into it.
  11. S

Will a frame recoverd from a fire be re-buildable?

I have a question for the Rat Rodders. Back in January there was a massive fire in our apartment. Basically the third floor is toast. Today I got to finally go poke around the wreckage and see a few things. The three aluminum mountain bikes hanging on the rack are now a melted blob, but it...
  12. S

Brian's bike

Sweet. Great looking bike. I've had a similar idea brewing in my head for several months as my commuting bike. This website has been a great resource, I now know that the 700c wheel will fit into a generic cruiser frame. Mine will be flat black, have disk brakes, and an internal gear hub...
Back