Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. El Duderino

The Tussey Truss.

I think one of the reasons Ive been so absent from the forum is that I love to ride the bikes I build and unfortunately most of these cruisers are too uncomfortable for me to enjoy. Im changing that with this build though. Ive had this late 80s Schwinn Le Tour frame since about 2008 or 2009...
  2. El Duderino

bmx tandem, Hex silver king, and more...

Ive been pretty vacant from the forum lately so im going to attempt to change that. heres a few of the gems ive acquired in the past few months. Hawthorne Moto bike. I had my dad pick up a haul for me in Muncie IN which included about 10 bikes and this was the one I really wanted from the pile...
  3. El Duderino

It has no name yet

Ive never actually done a build off bike before. Ive given my dad ideas and parts but never a solo one. Im going to start with this Huffman built for Belknap Hardware in Louisville, KY. I went ahead and tossed in the rear wheel I will be using. They came originally from my girlfriends 1940...
  4. El Duderino

No one knows what this looptail is.

does anyone have any insight on this. Im thinking about buying it. [/URL][/IMG]
  5. El Duderino

Period correct or functional correct?

In my head im in a pickle. I have a very early bicycle which I assume is turn of the century. (No badge so I have no clue) I am using a set of 28 inch iron clad wheels from a womens Iver Johnson bike as opposed to the completely wooden rimmed wheels that were on the bicycle when I got it. The...
  6. El Duderino

Winter Goooooodies!

I got an email from an employee at another location of the shop i work at containing these. needless to say i picked it up after work. Iver Johnson with wooden clad wheels. Im guessing teens or 20s? Ive been lazy getting pictures of stuff but more goodies from the winter will be up soon.
  7. El Duderino

Need WTB Mongoose Motomag parts

I happened upon a MotoMag frame a while back that had been cleaned and ready for a restoration. It was given to me with the intent that it would be built back up right. I stumbled onto a pair of the MotoMag wheels on an old team Murray yesterday. Ive got grips too. I need everything else...
  8. El Duderino

Possible Pre-War Schwinn?

I picked this pre war frame up the other day. To me it resembles a late 30's Schwinn. The forks look Schwinn too. The seat clamp however does not resemble Schwinn. I tried all the badges I got from that ladies house and the only ones that matched the holes were a Wards Hawthorne and a Western...
  9. El Duderino

Sloppy 2nds

Some fellow Rat Riders gave me some coordinates to a pick that they had just found. I took my Dad, Mom, and Girlfriend and they were all digging. This place was packed and very easy to miss stuff. Im sure I missed stuff. Heres our haul... Im sure theres a use for one troll grip my mom found...
  10. El Duderino

1985 Huffy Stu Thomsen

Its got 1 piece cranks and was mass produced but its still sweet. and the crowning jewel. I was very lucky to get the original Oakley B-1B grips in great condition. Thats good too because I have a reproduction pair and I couldnt decide where to put them. I stole the handlebar pad for my...
  11. El Duderino

Its not a bicycle but everyone will think its RAD!

Found an old hole in the wall motorcycle shop the other day. This is what I bought on the first round. The bars were going to be for a klunker but i think they will go on my Triumph. This stuff bugged me so much I had to return and fork over a little bit more for these gems. I dont think i...
  12. El Duderino

Just trying to get my name out there

I love me some crusiers but I ride BMX and doing some social networking can never hurt, right? Check out my latest video I made with some stuff Im pretty pumped on. You can show it to all your friends too. haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM38BoLS1gs
  13. El Duderino

Moonraker Klunker

This is where I started. I love klunkers and I am still collecting parts for my ultimate one but this one is a fun build with the parts I have lying around. First off is a 1995 Schwinn repro cruiser which my friend gave me. the bike is now stripped and Im touching up the rear end with a rattle...
  14. El Duderino

Higgins with a beehive

This came to work yesterday. the only thing original is the frame fork and the front carlisle tire. All the rest of the parts are wald stuff, but they shine. Its also been painted with a roller
  15. El Duderino

idea for a football fan

Im watching the patriots and baltimore game currently and I was just thinking how good the Patriots logo would fit on any cantilever tank. Just an Idea. I dont really follow football so someone go for it.
  16. El Duderino

40's Belknap w/ springer

picked this up today. I had been looking for a decent complete Belknap for awhile. It has Belknap tires which are in great shape. Unfortunately I think the front end was wrecked because I dont think the springer was original because it looks blue underneath, as does the front rim. The front...
  17. El Duderino

aluminum seat posts

I know a lot of guys make their own posts. I need a tall one and I want to go aluminum for my schwinn dx. any suggestions on what to use?
  18. El Duderino

Scores from a 60 year old Bike shop

I managed to get to my favorite old bike shop last week. Unfortunately it is 4 hours away. this is the look I picked up. Pretty bummed I left a 70's NOS Ashtabula fork there. The guy has bikes in the attic that he built in the 70's and have been hanging there since including a schwinn jaguar 2...
  19. El Duderino

i can dig it
  20. El Duderino

Mongoose Moto-Mag. early 80's?

My buddy had this given to him and we are planning a joint build. My question is what year do you all think it is? I havent gotten the bike yet so I dont know the serial. The only image I could find with this dropout style said it was an '81. Ive already got some yellow Skyway Tuff II's with...
Back