Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. rickpaulos

Kmart All Pro Pro 3.

scraped this out today. wrong size wheels. 26 instead of 26. You can see the brakes won't reach. bent fork looks like the front wheel was filled with spray foam. Why not, look at all those spray foam auto repair jobs on youtube from Mechanical Nightmares or Just Rolled in. Cool 1 piece brake...
  2. rickpaulos

Sun Cycle Villager 3

needs a pair of the special hubs. The rest is regular bike parts. I noticed the sprocket is on the left side too. One issue is one of the rear axles is missing the left hand threaded inboard nut and someone decided to weld the axle to the bearing. Hubs run about $20 each.
  3. rickpaulos

Rustoleum new spray top = fail.

I tried out this new spray head design from Rust-oleum. My hands are now covered in clear. They claim you can use the can in any angle but it leaks all over when just used in the upright position. More complaints. It it has a wide flat spray pattern and shoots a lot of paint in a hurry...
  4. rickpaulos

Schwinn Sierra/Spitfire/unk/Mirada/Exerciser/DX900 Trek/1000 and parts

Today's full load. 1955 Schwinn Spitfire resto mod. repaint, Sugino Maxy bmx crank on a sealed 1 piece bb, Rear caliper brake adapter, bmx bars, front canti's on a 1980s Schwinn mtb fork. Alloy wheels. Single freewheel. Shrink wrapped aluminum seat post. Schwinn Mirada teal. 1988...
  5. rickpaulos

A barn load

picked up 9 bike and a unicycle yesterday. The most interesting bike (to me) was the Motiv MonoRail. Early bmx with a single tube frame. The donors husband worked at a Huffy factory for a year or so. Ponco City, Oklahoma. His boring job was cleaning the paint booths at night. 1 booth each...
  6. rickpaulos

SE Bikes Lager ss/fixie

Needs a bit of work. SE branded seat, one seat rail is popped out of the plastic saddle body. Those are very hard to re-insert. Welds a bit on the ugh side. "Cromo Seat Tube", so the rest of the bike is gas pipe? The tires really do ride nice. So smooth. KMC K-8A chain, interesting shape...
  7. rickpaulos

Mega bike yard art

Not mine. but i did provide the wheels to the artist. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/919265603018647
  8. rickpaulos

SWB0 UNO under the SNO

build thread https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/uno-under-the-sno.119404/
  9. rickpaulos

What is it: bso with 27.5 & 29er on a 26.

Originally red. Now orange with a black snake skin stencil. What is unique is the bulged head tube. serial is 2 sets of numbers, 5 digit and 6 digit . Not your typical pacific number. Very little tire clearance with the wrong size wheels. No canti mounts so disc rear when new. No levers, no...
  10. rickpaulos

Ridin the Green

Local St Paddys parade FLAME ON! This left the parade announcer speechless.
  11. rickpaulos

Schwinn Heavy Duti with mods

EQ (1979) Schwinn Heavy Duti. The Heavy Duti was essentially a Typhoon with Schwinn Twinn (tandem) wheels that had thicker spokes and larger spoke holes to match. These wheels are alloy. QR front, Shimano coaster rear. Schwinn mtb front fork. mtb stem bmx bars. It had a bmx off set spider...
  12. rickpaulos

Slow boat from China. Or is that Malabo Equatorial Guinea

August 1, 2023. I ordered some gold aluminum dice valve caps. Looked up my ebay history, the seller is in China. Oops. Over sight on my part. I usually don't order from there as it can take a month for stuff to arrive. If ever. March 14, 2024 (Pi Day!). One valve cap arrived! Holes in...
  13. rickpaulos

ORBO A noMad

build and many more photos https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/a-nomad.119352/
  14. rickpaulos

Schwinn Rocket 37

"You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?"
  15. rickpaulos

1974 Schwinn LeTour flat bar conversion

We finished this bike today. Complete bearing repack, new tires & tubes, replaced the bars, brake levers, cables. De gunked the seized drive train. I've been training a new volunteer at our local bike coop. Hands on instructions on overhauling bikes. This one will probably go to the local...
  16. rickpaulos

Murray Streamlined Lightweight Mark 3 1970

Spotted this advertisement from a Boys Life magazine for sale. Crazy handlebars and wraparound chain guard.
  17. rickpaulos

WestPoint full chrome

West Point by AMF full chrome except where a bit pealed off on the down tube. mostly intact tank. Missing bulbs & lens. Reflector shiny bits fell off. Missing rear rack. Chain broken but included. Tires holding air. Tires replaced at som time. Will be trying out a new chrome cleaner on...
  18. rickpaulos

fbm: Rat Fink Chopper

No mine. You sure don't see these for sale very often. or ever. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/6527286640705804
  19. rickpaulos

Art Bike photos recovered

A batch of images recovered from a digital picture frame. circa 2006 to 2011. album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rickpaulos/albums/72177720314616849/
  20. rickpaulos

1986 Schwinn Predator Free Form BG

just in. Looks to be nearly all oem. Tires flat and rotted from sitting for 30 years. Needs a repack and good cleaning. New blue tires ordered. One could use the seat to hammer in nails.
Back