Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sailorbenjamin

Rhode island basement cleanoout

If you're passing this way, email me at [email protected]. I'm ready to clean this basement.
  2. sailorbenjamin

need 26 inch 5 speed drum brake rear wheel

I have one of these. I thought it was an atom drum but I found out I was wrong. I laced it to a steel rim and did the offset up for single speed. It's a long axle and you could re rig it for five speed. If you're interested email me at [email protected]. You can have it for the cost...
  3. sailorbenjamin

WTB: Bendix kickback axle (2 speed)

Got one. Thanks guys!
  4. sailorbenjamin

Oh, yeah, I just need the axle, and it's a redband. Gary, I PMed you. Thanks for all the info folks!
  5. sailorbenjamin

Hi guys, sorry, been at work all day. yes, I just need an axle. Mine's bent. It's a red band. Thanks for all the info. I'm learning stuff! I'll PM those of you with parts available but I have to go make dinner for the kids right now and then maybe consume a frosty beverage. Loong day!
  6. sailorbenjamin

And any advice, are they all the same?
  7. sailorbenjamin

Racks and Cranks

Still a few things left.
  8. sailorbenjamin

Racks and Cranks

Yeah, good idea.
  9. sailorbenjamin

Racks and Cranks

Oh....umm....no. Each of the things is $40. Sorry.
  10. sailorbenjamin

Racks and Cranks

All items are $40 (each) shipped unless you want to haggle. Schwinn repro with incorrect light and maybe incorrect bracket; Williams 46/49. Drive side only (I'd be interested in acquiring a correct right side); Quaint old folding rack/seat, make offer; Front rack; Sakae SX, 32?/42/52...
  11. sailorbenjamin

Schwalbe 26x1 1/4 tires (tyres) on sale. Group buy? (they also fit Schwinn 26x1 3/8)

The price is good at 12 pounds (a little less than a buck fifty to the pound these days) and now they're on sale at 8 pounds each! http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b6s122p1621 I'm getting a pair or two. I've contacted them about shipping but that was just five minutes ago, I'll...
  12. sailorbenjamin

1973 Schwinn World Voyageur Kool Orange

I love those. Someday I'll find one. Never seen one with the little orange rubbers on the brake levers. That's classy.
  13. sailorbenjamin

Gran Pa's 28" klunker

Yeah. Unprecedented. I haven't seen anything like it before.
  14. sailorbenjamin

1942 Columbia Sports Tourist

Oh yeah, found these;
  15. sailorbenjamin

Genuine Goodyear 599s; red on the inside; Of course the real reason we build our own wheels is so we can really polish our hubs; The chainguard might be a replacement. In some light it looks like paint over chrome. I think it's the original style, though.
  16. sailorbenjamin

So Columbia made a fillet brazed lightweight. I just had to have it. Maybe I'm the only one out there who loves these early diamond frame american bikes. It seems like most people sell the hubs and the chains to the ballooner guys and throw them away. The Amish look really turns me on. It was...
  17. sailorbenjamin

The Future is Here: Trashed Black Friday Stingray

I got one of those purple "Bratz" bikes out of a dumpster about 5 years ago. My daughter couldn't ride it cause of the apes and the springer so the wheels and fenders went on this other bike I'm building and the frame got chopped up to make this ...thing that I haven't finished yet. If it were...
  18. sailorbenjamin

Show us your Vintage Raleighs!

Very interesting. I wouldn't have guessed that it would brake down like this exactly. i guess I never really thought about it though.
  19. sailorbenjamin

And a little more detail on this one would be inspirational. I've got a couple of dead frames that might need an idea like this.
  20. sailorbenjamin

Can we take a look inside? :shock:
Back