Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

Painting my Electra...

Thanks guys! I've another question... :oops: I had a looksee at the link rick provided, and he mentioned that painting a bike yellow has certain limitations. Now, I want to paint my bike sunshine yellow as it's my favourite colour. The paint on the rims is matte black and the frame is some...
  2. C

Painting my Electra...

Thanks for the reply. I think sandblasting + powdercoating over here is quite pricey. When I looked into having a handlebar powdercoated it would've amounted to AUD$45, so imagine if I wanted to do a frame + spokes + rims. So if I wanted to remove the sheen, what sort of materials should I use...
  3. C

Painting my Electra...

Hey guys, So I want to paint my Electra because I'm not really feeling the Grey Satin colour it came with. Plus I want to make the bike my own even though it's relatively new. The paint on it now is from the factory and it is still really new, no scratches or anything, just some dust and...
  4. C

Electra Bicycle Pics

My '08 Sparker in Satin Grey :) I really like the Hellbilly and the Straight 8 though! I wish I lived in the States so I could've gotten one of those. We get a very limited range of Electras here.
  5. C

VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Came across this picture on a Wikipedia page about cycling in Melbourne :P It's dated 1895. Check out the 3-seater in the front!
  6. C

My Electra Sparker's in! :)

Hi Jon, I did a search and Babinda is located in the state of Queensland. I'm in Melbourne, Victoria :)
  7. C

ANYONE KEEN FOR A CRUISE IN MELBOURNE???

Hey guys! Just saw this thread. A cruise sounds great. We should get one together since the weather has been a bit cool lately. Hit me up at [email protected] :D
  8. C

Aloha from ... Melbourne.

Nah I don't sorry :P I just use MSN..
  9. C

Don't fret, I only learned about them recently too. :P "CERES (the Centre for Education and Research in Environmental Strategies) is a community environment project located beside the Merri Creek in Brunswick, Melbourne." - I lifted from their website http://www.thebikeshed.org.au They have...
  10. C

Aus does have a minimum one hand brake requirement! I believe Electra does sell their bikes with an optional front brake? A lot of Electra models don't get to Australia and I think it's because of their geometry, not too sure if it's about the brakes. We don't have any of the Steamride series :(...
  11. C

Hi all, I just took my Sparker for its maiden voyage! And can I just say : WHAT A RIDE!!!! I love it! It handled all the bumps and potholes amazingly, my derriere wasn't assaulted like it is each time I ride a mountain bike, and the gearing system is amazing. I won't be winning any races...
  12. C

Yeah, it has a 24 x 3 rear and 26 x 2.125 front :)
  13. C

Hi guys! My Sparker finally got in today and I'm stoked! I can't wait for night to come so I can take it out to the park and have a ride. I think this is the 2008 model, in Grey Satin (that's the only colour that comes to Australia). Apologies for the "new" lights and reflectors but the store...
  14. C

Cool that there are a few Melbournites :D Yeah, I'm thinking of getting a stripped frame, a wheelset and tires and then heading over to CERES to ask for help and for their tools and stuff. Plus they let you use recycled bike parts and it's only $10 for a year membership! Since BSC Bikes hasn't...
  15. C

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome and the suggestions! Lucky13, I will try your rim painting suggestion in the middle of the night in some abandoned carpark so as to not make a mess! I live in a tiny apartment and well, making messes is generally frowned upon. Thanks for helping me out...
  16. C

PART & BIKE SUPPLIERS

Hi, Not sure if this is the right place to post this so please feel free to move it if I'm wrong :) I came across this website while searching for vintage bikes, and this guy has quite a few beautiful bikes, my favourite is this one: http://www.firstflightbikes.com/1953_Roadmaster_LL.htm. Not...
  17. C

Hi guys, I'm new to the whole fascinating world of vintage bikes, and wow is it an experience. I'm currently studying in Melbourne, Aus where every other bike on the road comes with 21 speeds and more confusion than I can handle. I'd love to be able to build up a bike one day, especially in...
Back