Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Wildcat

TRADITIONAL Jumpy

That's going to be a great klunker! The Brooks with copper rivets is icing on the cake. I used a Shimano 3CC hub for years, it held up, and the coaster brake worked well. No front brake. I think it was SA who had a 3 speed with a neutral spot where the brakes weren't useable. I used...
  2. Wildcat

TRADITIONAL Doom Slug

Your E serial number with the ACw is 1950.
  3. Wildcat

TRADITIONAL Pensioner

I used the last piece of waterpipe I had for the pipe bender. It needed to be ground down to slide in but it's right. I mounted the drill grinding wheel thing and tried it out. My drill won't run by itself so I had to hold the switch on. I drilled holes at the end of where the slots will...
  4. Wildcat

TRADITIONAL Pensioner

A couple orders showed up. I have a 1" pipe bender that will hopefully make adjusting the frame easier and more accurate. I also got a grinding wheel thing that uses a drill. I'll try it out to see if it's worth the 6 dollars I spent on it. I might mount it on the same big piece of wood as the...
  5. Wildcat

TRADITIONAL Blue bike too

Original paint! I'm jealous. It looks like that number was stamped on after it was painted, over the factory numbers/letters. Maybe a local registration number from way back when. That's just a guess. I'd like to take another look at the bb after you clean it up more and see what I can make...
  6. Wildcat

TRADITIONAL 🅵🅾🅾🅻🅸🅶🅰🅽 - 1930s Elgin Oriole

My vote now goes with the beehive! I had two of them, one in the parts pile, and can't remember if they both went to Georgia. If not, I still have one back in Florida along with the 53 Schwinn frame. The CWC was shiny at one time.
  7. Wildcat

Junk build

Upgraded. Coaster brake rear now.
  8. Wildcat

Blue Tiger

I put the tires on the rims and gave it a look. So far so good. The headtube is a smaller diameter than the standard 1". I have another Philippines made frame that way, on the Red Tiger. The caps are the same thickness as the headtube and can't be pressed in. I've looked and can't find those...
  9. Wildcat

Blue Tiger

Age is just an number! 911.:13:
  10. Wildcat

Blue Tiger

I took it to the bike shop where they didn't even make an attempt. They knew better. They sent me to the machine shop in town. Normally it would have to be something valuable to employ a machine shop, but not here. They heated up the frame and got the stem out. The wife paid them with 2 liters...
  11. Wildcat

TRADITIONAL Pensioner

Added the spacers and trimmed the fork. I made sure the spring bracket was lined up exactly. These cheap springers only have one spot that's right where it attaches to the upper fork. If your bike had just the right size headtube, you're in luck. These spacers also make it possible to use the...
  12. Wildcat

What have you been riding lately?

Tried out some old MTB bars today. Man it's hot!
  13. Wildcat

UNLIMITED Pyle

Where's the vid?:bigsmile:
  14. Wildcat

TRADITIONAL Quasi-Motobike : Rack em' up!

No, I didn't see the headbadge, just a side shot.
  15. Wildcat

TRADITIONAL Quasi-Motobike : Rack em' up!

I think this is where I found the info: Post#14 https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/hp-snyder-peerless-id.99114/
  16. Wildcat

TRADITIONAL Pensioner

The spacers for the fork showed up, so I can trim the fork tube tomorrow along with working on the dropout extensions. The shim for the seatpost needed to be 25.4 to 30.6 mm, so I ordered another one. I ordered 25.4 to 27.2 without measuring twice.:crazy: I found another type of brake while...
  17. Wildcat

On the frames I have, there's no risk. Piled all together they wouldn't pay the rent. :rofl: But I would try other methods before altering a 30's Elgin frame.
  18. Wildcat

UNLIMITED Pyle

You could maybe put a tensioner along the chainline to get some clearance.
  19. Wildcat

Or make up a pair just like the original to bolt on, only oversize enough to work.
  20. Wildcat

TRADITIONAL All American Varsity

That's gonna be close. On those frames, I've had the 26 x 2.125 size fit, and another pair also 2.125 was too wide.
Back