Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. trailcreep

Shimano 3CC coaster brake hub

I have a shimano 3cc coaster hub - it shifts fine but the coaster only works in 3 or high gear - any ideas? I'm thinking I might just pull off the coaster arm side so I can see the internals without really taking it apart. Shoot in some cleaner then some lube.
  2. trailcreep

1920-40s? Tribune Sports Roadster - Lightwieght

Tribune Sports Roadster - Westfield Mass - also has an old Columbia decal on the seattube - single speed coaster New Departure Hubs - check out the fins on the front and rear fenders, has a white tip painted rear fender which didn't really happen much until the English started doing it in WWII...
  3. trailcreep

RIXE - West German

I might consider trading for something decent for my 29er or maybe an old british rod brake 28"
  4. trailcreep

RIXE - West German

kinda want to build it up myself but watcha got?
  5. trailcreep

RIXE - West German

I think other than cleaning the chrome and repacking the BB I'll leave it alone, throw on an alloy 26" coaster wheel set with blackwall 1.25 slicks, mustache bars and a leather seat.
  6. trailcreep

RIXE - West German

probably originally a 3 speed coaster brake, double top tube lugged frame
  7. trailcreep

1987 Mongoose Decade all Chrome

picked this up recently and thinking about selling, whats a fair price? I was considering 300
  8. trailcreep

pre-war repainted?

so what do you think this is,
  9. trailcreep

1980s Nishiki Cascasde

maybe so but I thought the earlier ones had a U brake in the back and possibly a lugged frame, either way it's an 80s bike.
  10. trailcreep

1980s Nishiki Cascasde

1980s Cascade, 20 inch cromoly frame, Bullmoose bars, upgraded to 7 speed cassette but still has the Suntour thumbies, Brooks spring saddle and leatherette grips, big 2.5 Bontrager tires, ..
  11. trailcreep

RAT set back seatpost

ouch...better use a couple zip ties too.
  12. trailcreep

RAT set back seatpost

I took on of those crap flimsy hybrid bike suspension seatposts apart, the top half is pretty solid and nests nicely with the old school post with the help of a couple hose clamps. Seems pretty solid but I haven't ridden it yet.
  13. trailcreep

1939 Colson skip tooth ??

I've had this for awhile but recently pulled it out of the back of the shed. No graphics or headbadge but I think its a late 30s Colson with a Morrow hub.
  14. trailcreep

JC Higgins Deluxe Skip Tooth

getting there
  15. trailcreep

JC Higgins Deluxe Skip Tooth

early 50s probably - I think I'll just clean it up and put on some cream colored tires.
  16. trailcreep

JC Higgins Speed Flight 2 speed Bendix

appears to be late 50s JC Higgins with a Bendix 2 speed brake lever type shifter, its pretty crusty but I've seen worse.
  17. trailcreep

Roadmaster Skyrider

I found this one rusting in the trash, had to pull it apart with a pipe wrench and a grinder, new alloy wheels off a chinese cruiser, new chrome fork, no need for a seatpost clamp this one is fused in, St Christopher medal came with the bike. Here's the link to the before photo...
  18. trailcreep

Raleigh Ranger MX - 1977 off road 3 speed ?

a strange beast this one. It looks like a Raleigh folder frame but doesn't fold,1977 - 3 speed SA hub, hand brakes, FAT 20" off road tires, moto style bars and mud flap fenders. Made in Nottingham England
  19. trailcreep

RAT Mud Flap / swim flipper

I made this mud flap out of a cut down swim flipper, drilled two small holes in each side and zip tied it to the fender struts.
  20. trailcreep

26/29er/fixed/Hooligan RAT

I took a 26" Soul Cycles Hooligan single speed frame with a eccentric BB, put an American Classic 29er disc wheel on the back reversed with a 6 bolt Tomi cog disc/cog adapter, 700c dura-ace wheel up front with a road side pull in the reflector/fender mount hole, Continental cross tires, vintage...
Back