Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. musclemaniac

1960's Mattel Stallion - To Rat or Not To Rat

Post it here: http://n2.nabble.com/Mattel-Bikes---Par ... 91616.html
  2. musclemaniac

Tube Replacement - Need Some Advice

I put Armor-all on them when I cleaned them up because they were so dry and brittle from age. Mystery solved.
  3. musclemaniac

You're right about that. It's all held together by the rear shocks. If the hardware is worn, you get a lot of side to side sway. I took mine apart and updated all the old hardware in this area with new bolts, washers and nylock nuts... great improvement and much more solid now. Also took the...
  4. musclemaniac

Would love to get a scanned copy of that. I created a resource site called Museum of Vintage V-RROOM! for Mattel Bike owners and I don't have one of those on there yet. That would be very cool to have if you could scan it and email it to me or go to the site and post it for others to see!
  5. musclemaniac

Thought I'd post an update on my Mattel Stallion. Cleaned it up quite a bit and re-greased it. It's looking a lot better. I installed some new pedals, new grips, bought a new set of whitewalls for it, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the rims. Looking for some red rims for it.
  6. musclemaniac

Tube Replacement - Need Some Advice

Hey guys.... I have a stupid question, but need some advice... :oops: I have a 1968 Sears Spyder muscle bike with an original slick in the back. Its dry and cracked on the sidewall, but other than that looks good and when it is aired up, you can't really see the cracks anyway. So, I kind of...
  7. musclemaniac

Red 20" Wheels for Rat Build?

My concern was that paint wouldn't stick to chrome very well.
  8. musclemaniac

Rapido Super DeLuxe Muscle Bike

Parting yours out?
  9. musclemaniac

Thanks... It has definitely grown on me. As you requested! For your visual pleasure. More wheel pics! LOL
  10. musclemaniac

I purchased a Mattel Stallion on Ebay and when I went to pick it up, the guy had this one too. He offered it to me, but I said no. Then he made me a deal I couldn't refuse and I took it even though I didn't really want it. It's a Rapido Super DeLuxe 20" Muscle Bike made in Czeckoslovakia. It's...
  11. musclemaniac

a piece of BMX history - Murray MX

Looks like a distant cousin of my 1973 Huffy HMX-450. Nice find. Those waffle grips sure bring back memories. What's the serial number?
  12. musclemaniac

I hear it, but I think it's actually screaming out " Put a Mattel V-RROOM" Motor on me! Here's a cool link to the TV commercial for them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIWLnjn1LXg This bike cleaned up pretty good. I've got the whitewalls. I'm just trying to figure out what to do about the...
  13. musclemaniac

Mattel Vroom bike check this one out.... lots of pics

Great Find. I've got a 1966 Stallion that looks very similar, but mine has no tank. Wish it did. I really like the tank bikes! Are you going to keep it or sell it? Have you tried to date the bike yet by serial number?
  14. musclemaniac

Huffy Thunder Road pic! Anyone else have one of these?

Here's my 1973 Huffy Thunder Road HMX-450. An all original survivor bike. Check out the dirt bike style shock absorber forks and triple tree. :shock: Man those waffle grips sure bring back memories!
  15. musclemaniac

1973 Huffy Thunder Road HMX 450

All original 1973 Huffy Thunder Road HMX-450. Pre-Old School BMX. Survivor in nice original condition. Interesting MX style front fork and triple tree design. Aired up the tires, repacked the bearings and took it out for a spin. Man those waffle grips sure brought back memories.
  16. musclemaniac

Red 20" Wheels for Rat Build?

Does anyone have an idea where I might be able to get a new set of red 20" wheels with coaster brake for a build I am doing?
  17. musclemaniac

1968 Sears Spyder Super "44" Drive - 5 Speed Muscle Bike

Picked this one up the other day. :D 1968 Sears Spyder Super "44" Drive. It's a 5 speed, all original "Survivor". Original Sears Allstate tires... a little checkered, but still hold air. Washed the barn dirt off of it. Cleaned it up with some steel wool, greased the cranks and forks, aired up...
  18. musclemaniac

A friend of mine and fellow collector sent me this catalog page from a 1966 JC Penney Catalog. Thought I'd share it with anyone who is interested. :D
  19. musclemaniac

I'm very tempted to find a set of red wheels and whitewalls for it. How do you guys think that would look? Spent the day with my 7 year old son cleaning it up. Repacked the crank bearings. The rear wheel is shot. Way too rusty to clean up, spokes missing and very wobbly. So I am going to have to...
  20. musclemaniac

Oops. Sorry about that. Should be fixed now.
Back