Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Schwinn Streamliner

Looks so weird with those drop bars, I just keep staring...
  2. M

Standard Road Bike F/F

I'd strip everything off that, clearcoat over the rust, turn'er into a fixie. A rat fixie.
  3. M

Elgin Rat.

Wait a minute, I thought most bikes posted on craigslist were Schwinns? You mean they're not? I was looking forward to getting one o them Schwinn Mongooses. ;) It'll have breaks and peddles and everything.
  4. M

1978 Heavy Duti

About a month ago, I returned home from the grocery store with the kids and noticed something yellow at the curb down the street. As I unloaded the bags, my spidey sense told me there was a bike. Not sure what kind it was, I immediately dispatched my eight year old to investigate as I unloaded...
  5. M

VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

It is hard to believe that that was in Detroit, isn't it?
  6. M

VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

This is my grandfather, Thomas Elmer Sullivan, some time between 1915-1920. I have no idea what make of bike that is.
  7. M

9 sweet old bikes. 30s-70s. What should I keep?

I don't know if I could part with any of them. I think though, I'd have to go with the Columbia, keep the baskets from the Schwinn, and...wait, no, I'd take them all apart and stash away all the parts where the wife can't find them and slowly rebuild them. Wouldn't be as much of a shock to her...
  8. M

1942 Columbia Wartime Lightweight

This bike embodies the essence of what draws me to them to begin with; utilitarian, simple, functional, dependable. This bike is "bike". And its kind of classy looking in its simplicity. If Hemingway could write a bike, this would be it in all of its minimalist glory. Does that make sense or...
  9. M

$15 Hiawatha

Man I'd leave it as is and ride it ratty! It will never be that beautifully crappy looking again.
  10. M

monark built firestone barn find

Love those deep fenders.
  11. M

Anyone have any INFO. on this Antique Hartford?

That is in excellent shape for a bike that's nearly a hundred years old. Wow.
  12. M

1930's Colson

This is how Ernest Hemingway would find a bike.
  13. M

jc higgins motorbike

Be careful on that, I put a motor on an old Evans cantilever frame and it broke the down tube clean off at the head tube. It could have ended badly. Just be careful and keep a close eye for cracks in the frame.
  14. M

The Mother Load (61 bicycle score)

Who says Christmas only has to happen once a year!
  15. M

HermanJetsonAstroFlite

That thing is beautiful. Love the copper color against the black. Nice.
  16. M

Tell us what ticks you off..

People who drive ridiculously fast down residential streets just to make it to the next stop sign, even when there's kids playing outside. Gets my blood a-boilin'.
  17. M

Vintage BMX Products INC Help ID Skyways

Those were the bikes they rode in the movie "Rad" I believe. Cru Jones, baby. heck Track. Love it.
Back