Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. No cars on mars

Model cars with bicycles

I got this model of an Alfa Romeo Duetto with 3 bicycles on it. Scale is 1/43 Mebetoys, made in Italy. Does anyone else have any models cars with bicycles. Doors open, also.
  2. No cars on mars

Sports Tourist help

I got this WWII woman's bicycle at auction. The decal reads "Sports Tourist" on the top tube. No head badge. Black out handle bars and stem. The Morrow Hub is blacked out, too. I know that the grips are modern. Can any one ID this decal http://britsolrebuiltbicycles.shutterfly.com/2339
  3. No cars on mars

Pre 1948 Schwinn New World

A few weeks ago I picked up this New World at auction. The Serial # is before the listing on this page http://www.angelfire.com/rant/allday101 ... odes1.html Some photos Zeus Airless tires Inside More photos at http://britsolrebuiltbicycles.shutterfly.com/2278
  4. No cars on mars

Tiger Cycle from Holland

I got this bicycle last week. A Tiger Cycle. Can any of our overseas friend help me date this one? headbadge Tiger Rat Brampton Speedy Switch. Can this help date the bicycle Nice fender crown and fork cover Wire goes from light holder on front and through frame near fork. It almost has the...
  5. No cars on mars

British Bicycle ride 26th of July in Central New York

This is the first ride for the British Bicycling Club of Central New York. The ride will be on Sunday the 26th of July. Set up time will be at 9:30am for hello and final tune up of bicycle. The ride will start at 10am at the Park and Ride off the thruway RT 90 and Rt 34 in Weedsport, NY. We will...
  6. No cars on mars

1952 Indian Scout

I know I have other photos of this Indian Scout some place here but not with the new rack from a space liner. Before Old Spaceliner rack Stripped and painted Next to the Oswego Canal Looking up stream with 2 of the waterfalls in the back ground
  7. No cars on mars

Sears spaceliner

I got a woman's Spaceliner some time at the beginning of the year and used the springer fork on a man's Montgomery & Wards. Started off with this rusty rat Removed most of the rust added a layer of clear coat paint and flipped handle bars test fit tank, added a small front fender,crank with...
  8. No cars on mars

Coventry Eagle Falcon

I picked up this Falcon last month
  9. No cars on mars

Oswego, New York Friday nites

I would like to invite all of you Rats to this weekly Friday nite event if you are in the Oswego/Syracuse area. Two weeks ago I noticed this sign up at the Lighthouse bowling alley, here in Oswego, NY for a "Hot Rod Cars and Bike" night. Well, I knew that they were looking for (moto)bikes...
  10. No cars on mars

Elmira Arms Bryn Mawr

Also picked up this Elmira Arms Bryn Mawr in Cortland, New York. Wood rims are broken. Time to respoke the Morrow hub to a modern hub. More at http://britsolrebuiltbicycles.shutterfly.com//2159
  11. No cars on mars

His and hers flightliners

Picked up these 2 today in Cortland, New York. J. C. Higgins Flightliners. They both have jewelled pedals. Everything is close to original. Were part of a museum. More photos are here. http://britsolrebuiltbicycles.shutterfly.com/2114 http://britsolrebuiltbicycles.shutterfly.com/2127
  12. No cars on mars

Black and Blue Kent

This bicycle started out as a Chinese made Kent bicycle. I stripped off all the decals off. I added an old slick rear tire 20x2.125 and a 20x1.75 to the front. Added a polo seat and sissy bar. BMX plastic black and white striped fenders and new blue BMX style handle bars. The finishing touch was...
  13. No cars on mars

Copake Rat

I found this old frame at the end of the Copake Swap Meet. It was just the frame with the #7 seat post, fork and bb cups. The frame is to short for me and there a few dings in the frame so, I turned it into this. 27 inch front /26 inch rear
  14. No cars on mars

Lake Pepin Ride

I went on the Lake Pepin Ride on the weekend of May 17th. A 2 day ride from Red Wing, Minn to Wabasha, Minn and back. The ride is done on English 3 speed bicycles and in 1930 to 1950's tweed or English outfits. There were about 80 riders. I did it on my 1954 Vulcan, while the oldest bicycle was...
  15. No cars on mars

Copake swap meet 17th of April

I forgot to tell everyone about the swap meet at Copake. It is the day before the auction on the 17th of April, Friday. I will have a bunch of things there from the upstate NY barn find. Going to fill up the HHR.
  16. No cars on mars

Bent fork

I know that some of us have seen bent forks on older bicycles. Here is one reason, Slacking off in the factory or factory seconds. It was never welded on the left side.
  17. No cars on mars

Ashtabula MX fork

There are a few Ashtabula MX Forks in the Holy Grail barn. Does anyone have any information on them? Still in plastic, black with white lettering down the side.
  18. No cars on mars

I found the Holy Grail of Ratdom

In upstate New York near the Canadian border I found a barn with over 100 bicycles and a U-haul of parts. A stack of tires 6 feet tall. If you hooked a television up to all the wheels you could get Russian TV.Pedals, fenders, shifters, deraillers, chrome forks, chains, seats, ball bearings...
  19. No cars on mars

Light for the raleigh

I found this light that fits my Raleigh light holder. It works when I put in 2 D size batteries. It was made in Hong Kong Crane light holder Light on holder. The bell is off a 1920's Columbia Inside of box Batteries inside Sprite 27 Rat
  20. No cars on mars

Firestone Woman's 500

I found this one in Watertown, NY at a antique store for 20. Just missing the light cover. Decals are faded. Looks the same as my Monark. 20th of March 2009
Back