Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Does anyone know what year this is?

I agree early '60s, I had same guard on a '61 I sold. It is a Columbia made bike I believe. I have the correct rear rack for that.
  2. M

Can anybody help me with this please????!!!

@Wildcat int he second pic the chain stays look way off, I'm guessing that is where the issue starts
  3. M

.......and then you end up not doing squat

I wish @Endlesschain had never started this thread. Now I know I'm not alone in my time wasting and I'm much more at ease with it. As we say on the golf course "Paralysis by analysis"
  4. M

Aug. ‘65 Schwinn Sting-Ray J33

Wow, just Wow
  5. M

Rustoleum new spray top = fail.

This seems to be the new American way, over designed and unneeded changes. How many of those who redesigned the spray can have actually sprayed any more then a dot on a test wall in a controlled environment. Lots of people think it is the product that gets the results, most never consider that...
  6. M

I have not wasted so much time since buying my ultrasonic cleaner, and all my small parts are nice and clean. I think it's time for my Sunday night safety meeting right about now.
  7. M

Show Your Muscle Bikes

I don't believe so is there a date on the Western Flyer badge? It does not have the BMA sticker so pre '72
  8. M

Show Your Muscle Bikes

The Sturmey Archer 3 speed will gave a date on it.
  9. M

Isn't staring at all the parts in your shop for a half an hour mandatory after a garage safety meeting?
  10. M

Dumpster Dandy

My buddies building where I use the dumpster sometimes has gone from commercial to residential in the last year. I have never fished anything out of the dumpster until now. This beauty looks to be complete, it is too small for me but my neighbor with the awesome smoker has been asking for a...
  11. M

Going nowhere

Well I got the rear all laced up. It is amazing this whole wheel weighs about the same as some of my rear hubs. I also realize there is no need for 26x2.125 tires on this bike so I will save some more weight there.Considering the DX frame I'm going to use weighs about as much as a subcompact...
  12. M

WANTED anyone have one of these?

It looks quite HD I would love to see more pics of it.
  13. M

WANTED anyone have one of these?

The Cabe is selling them on ebay right now.
  14. M

Before & After Pics

Me too, it's that duct tape repair below the word beer haha
  15. M

Unknown Columbia bike and 1968 Schwinn Stingray I.D. and valuation help needed.

@Da Gas Man there was a real great go around recently about a blue men's Phantom. Some of the experts refused to even admit it might have been a fake. The points usually used for tearing someone's bike apart were suddenly out the window and unimportant. The truth to an individual is what that...
  16. M

Before & After Pics

They were refered to as Mickey's Big mouths maybe they still are. The extra large opening allowed them to go down super fast, you can pour them down your throat if you wish. At 16 years old it got us where we wanted to go quickly. Beside my buddy worked at the local convenience store and the...
  17. M

Lot's of wadded up panties on the cabe, the good guys get drowned out by the self appointed mayor's of cabe town. It is worth the hassle sometimes as there are a few really knowledgeable members who love to share info. At times I feel like I'm back in catholic school with a ruler is across my...
  18. M

@Bike from the Dead the 1968 3 speed used the shorter frame style. In 1969 they all the Stingray's went to the longer frame other then the Junior models, they used the first style frame all the way till the end of the line.
  19. M

That is the second generation SR frame from 1966-1968. In '68 they also offered the third generation frame on the 5 speeds and Krates. The first style '63-'65 was short reffered to as the "shorty" 36 tooth with short chain and seat stays. The second like yours has longer seat stays and still...
  20. M

@Bike from the Dead if you want to see how wheels turn to taco shells try riding some BMX trails with that 20 spoke rear wheel. hahahaha
Back