Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Delivery bikes?

There was a custom builder of parts who made a front fork to convert a bike to delivery. It required a maybe 20" wheel but left room up top for a large box or basket. Will anyone please share the shop contact or website with me? I lost the website when I gave my laptop a 16 ounce drink of water...
  2. S

Short Stuff

This should make someone somewhere cringe. I'm baaaack! Be Well Brothers, SS.
  3. S

Schwinn seat post is too small???

Bought a Green Hornet Schwinn from Kalifornia. In shipping to the state of Misery, UPS destroyed it. After a $100 repair and straightening the fork, I am trying to install a leather covered seat with chrome springs on this old 24" girl's bike. It is made for the modern larger diameter post and...
  4. S

WWII Jeep tribute/Ratty bike.

Any ideas on what kind of a build could look evil or all terrain in memory of the WWII jeep? I bought a pair of new production tail/turn lights as on the old jeeps and one will go on my 76 GL1000. One will be available for the bike of my choice. I think a beat up looking fat tire bike with 20...
  5. S

Old Ford/GP tail lights? What to build?

Any ideas on what kind of a build could look evil or all terrain in memory of the WWII jeep? I bought a pair of new production tail/turn lights as on the old jeeps and one will go on my 76 GL1000. One will be available for the bike of my choice. I think a beat up looking fat tire bike with 20...
  6. S

Bike Trailers?

Does anyone make bike trailers? What have you used for the frame? Have you used multiple axles? I'm thinking sections of aluminum ladder fastened together side by side. Single axle with duals each side or two axles separated a bit apart. That should take some weight from the bike. Theorizing...
  7. S

Old lights: conversion to LED???

My Gogglefoo didn't work to find a how to on converting a conventional old style front fender light to LED. That would give a useful amount and pattern of light out of a good looking front light. Did I miss an epic thread or was it on, Cough Cough, another forum? Be Well, SS.
  8. S

Safe Rides.

With the felons running the streets today where do you go for a safe ride in the city. I am hesitant to ride on the river trails in St. Joseph or Kansas City. I don't have many machine guns to fit in or on pockets! Or is speed and movement enough deterrent to crooks? Sorry if this is too...
  9. S

Suppliers of Colored Chain

Not a provocative message here. I'm looking for the suppliers of the drive chains in various colors. I am building in subtle ways the 24" Schwinn Green Hornet from the 1950s I bought for She Who Must Be Obeyed. My Bride of 49 years. I do want a green colored chain. It wouldn't have to be a...
  10. S

Fantastic New Guy

Just here for therapy. I love to alter things and bikes are more affordable than my other hobbies. I'm from the state of Misery and I'm older than some. If I can get one leg out of bed in the AM the rest will follow, in one order or another. I just ignore my physical stuff due to age. I forget...
Back