Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. leotaxil

BO15 1936 BAGGI "CHAMPION OLYMPIQUE ET DU MONDE"

F*** me that thing is gorgeous. Awesome and fascinating to see the process of figuring out that derailleur and the origins of all these components. Please keep us updated!
  2. leotaxil

Bleu Cheese

That patina :inlove:
  3. leotaxil

The next major buildoff?

I'm new here, but all for this, like a super-klunker-off
  4. leotaxil

26x2.35" tire, black (Maxxis, Michelin?)

Well look @ that — picked up a High Roller II (cheaper) and a couple tubes. Thanks!
  5. leotaxil

Sorry yes – I'm open, but my holy grail here is the Michelin Wild Rock'R2 https://www.pinkbike.com/news/michelin-wild-rockr2-tire-reviewed.html
  6. leotaxil

Exactly as it says – for whatever reason, this particular size is completely sold out at the moment, and the last important part of my build (other than a mechanical front disc caliper...) that I need. Lmk!
  7. leotaxil

Midwest lineage

When I was the leaving the Bed-Stuy dog park, saw this rad couple from Chicago had locked up next to their Wisconsinite grandson. They were both Schwinn Le Tours I believe, Chicago headbadge so must have been early-to-mid '70s; I used to have a Super Le tour from '78, and they were Japanese-made...
  8. leotaxil

Deore LX front hub

Here’s the eBay listing — happy to go through RR instead! https://www.ebay.com/itm/324287535469
  9. leotaxil

The Rattiest 26” BMX

I need to block Porkchop BMX from my browser. Love this
  10. leotaxil

Seeking basically all components for a klunky bikepacking build

Thank you! That is all super helpful. The hub -- just bought a Deore XT 10spd rear derailleur, as long as it works with that I'll for sure take it. How much for the Avid brake? I only need one disc for the front. And would take a peek at the V-brake, of course
  11. leotaxil

Just received the frame today -- am in need of a rare part, a Surly Troll 26" front fork in Salt white. Bueller? Her name is Zed.
  12. leotaxil

Retro Ratpacker A.K.A. “The Pickle” is complete!

This is sick! And exactly what I'm planning on doing with this -- I might be asking you some questions...
  13. leotaxil

I'm of two minds about Crust Bikes in general – their vibe is cool, the prices are not. Very stylish, but also too trendy/hipster-y. That Clydesdale would be rad, though
  14. leotaxil

CLASS 1 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 1 FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

This made my morning -- what incredible work in here. Congratulations to all!
  15. leotaxil

It is a weird place to start, for a bikepacking situation. But the central motivation for this proj is what is most fun? and the heart wants what the heart wants! (And, ahem, what the wallet will allow.) This won't be getting used for anything more serious than day-or-two-long trips, some...
  16. leotaxil

Yeah, the whole front end will be replaced -- don't want suspension if my dog will be riding up front
  17. leotaxil

Oof -- I'm a sucker (purple, obv) https://www.paulcomp.com/shop/components/brakes/linear-pull-brakes/motolite/
  18. leotaxil

The Wonky Donkey

Just catching up and wow. Hideous... I love it. Some sort of mount on the bottom of the "seat tube" to hang a... Donkey Kong? Jungle Hunt?... figurine seems like a must. That frame has so little going for it, but that's one of them (Edit: w/ some sort of limit on the action so you don't crush...
  19. leotaxil

That top Specialized decal is gone – it'll look so much better without. Also, this basket painted to match the pearly frame, and deep purple BMX grips...
Back