Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. tlaing1

Automatic Playing Card in spokes post

I know I saw this awhile back where someone modified a shifter from an old 10spd to put a card into teh spokes. I know it was about 2 years ago I think and I'm curious if anyone knows where I can find that thread? I am totally going to bite off of this idea. At least Im not lying.
  2. tlaing1

Going to the chapel......

I love this pic because I like to bring my bikes to this spot and take pics, I got there and started talking with this guy about my phantom and then all of a sudden this wedding party decided to ruin my photo shoot... and by ruin I mean make it cool.
  3. tlaing1

wow, really?!?!?!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/lot-vintage-bicycle ... 1c15e5981e wow, really?!?!?
  4. tlaing1

Schwinn Locking fork.....

Anyone have a clue how to get the key out of the cylinder? it's just sitting there and wont come out, teasing me.... it's worse than women at the bars...
  5. tlaing1

Jersey Shore Ride/ Zombie Walk?!?!?

Guys-- I want to try to get a ride together for the fall here on the Jersey Shore, probably through Belmar to Asbury Park and back..... I missed so many rides and I am dying to get somethign going asap before the winter hits! if your down let me know and we'll figure out a date and do it. I'll...
  6. tlaing1

NJ Painters

Guys-- I'm thinking about using someone to paint my Phantom, does anyone know anyone that would do it for Trade? I hope this isnt the wrong forum for this because I was hoping for some faster feedback. If anyone is interested please let me know, I have a few things I can do outside of the...
  7. tlaing1

1953 Schwinn Black Phantom now with pics!

yeah, I got it!!! My neighbor has had this bike since it was brand new and her deceased husband used to ride it. I probably paid more than what I'd have liked to but I have a Phantom!!!! It has some light rust on the tank and springer and I'll probably have them rechromed eventually, I'm going...
  8. tlaing1

The Reckless Kelly Trike

Guys I started this bike last year after buying the parts from Monster Metal (still one of my fav's on this site!) and finally got it together and outside for some pics.... I'm waiting for summer and seeing what other good pics I can get down the Jersey Shore! Thanks!
  9. tlaing1

Gazelle's

Anyone know anything about the Made In England Gazelles. I have acquired one last year and I just found it while going through my garage (we've all done it). I'm prob going to end up flipping it the way it is. Any information about them? Thanks guys!
  10. tlaing1

The Neighborly thing to do......

So my neighbor, who at times can be a pain, asked me a few months ago to put on some pedals for her because her daughters bike needed a tune up. I was like ok, sure did the pedals and went about my business in my garage. A few weeks later she says, "Tom, I got an old bike in my garage and was...
  11. tlaing1

Monster Clubb/No Name Trike Mania Build! Pic Heavy

Ok, so awhile back (almost a year ago) I saw Monster Metal posting a Fat Tire Trike for sale/parts and I really loved the bike. I didn't have the money for it at the time so I sat back and waited, and waited and waited.... Then I had the money and started asking Larry about a kickstand for...
  12. tlaing1

Delta lights....

ok, so I won a couple of delta lights on the Bay and I need to see the top mounting piece. It didnt come with one but I bet I could fab one up but I need to see what the top parts look like.... thanks guys! here's the auction..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0421246926
  13. tlaing1

Best Craigslist post yet......

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/bik/1194323757.html I hope ya'll haven't seen this yet, but it's great!
  14. tlaing1

I just got sniped.....

So any of you outbid me on shoulder bolts for a monark springer ??? If so were fighting........ less than 30 seconds left and its gone.....
  15. tlaing1

My First Old School BMX.....

I was given a Sharp Freestyle.... electric blue with mushroom grips.... I'll get pics when I'm back visiting New Orleans bu I'm really excited for my Old School BMX! Anyone have any information about it?
  16. tlaing1

My $25 Craigslist Find.......

I had purchased a 24" Tandem from someone about a 1/2 Mile down the road from me. The bike is in really good condition and I'm probably going to try to sell it and make some money to find another 26" Tandem...... I think this may be my first real great find considering the condition, I'm not...
  17. tlaing1

The Panic Attack......

And the reason for the name... the build off came up to quick and I have nothing to build..... so I'm in all kinds of panic mode now.....
  18. tlaing1

Mixte Build.... 1 of 2 Builds this weekend!

Just thought I'd throw these pics out there... it's the basic layout for the bike I'm going to finish building in the next few weeks. It's going to be purple with purple sparkle grips....... took it for a ride and people gave me funny looks, but I dunno why. I know it's a style that's...
  19. tlaing1

Englishtown Swap Meet

Anyone go? I thought it was overpriced and people are insane! That's just me.... nothing good that I could afford or want....
  20. tlaing1

Generator Questions/ Custom Lights...

Ok, So I'm thinking about running dual tail lights on a trike I'm getting. Now can I wire both of them together and then run them both off of 1 generator? Or will it not make enough power to light them both? I've gotta figure this out because I'm considering a 3rd light off this same...
Back