Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BillCigar

70's Huffy cruiser

Hey guys. I built up this huffy to my liking. Can anyone help me with a year of manufacturing? As for valuation... it has definite value to me, and that's all that matters. Thanks in advance. The upper number appears to be C70494 The lower number is 2640T One question. Why are there 2...
  2. BillCigar

Jeff Goldbloom on Bikes

Here is a link to The world according to Jeff Goldbloom episode 7: BIKES, everyone can watch. No subscription needed. I have been using this online streaming site for about 2 years, never suspected anything shady on this site. Clicking on "play" will open a new ad window, close it and...
  3. BillCigar

Boiled linseed oil on chrome

Will BLO stick to chrome fenders? I am working on a early 60"s Hawthorn women's cruiser a friend got for her 11th B Day. Gonna clean it, but try to keep the rusty patina.
  4. BillCigar

Tire date codes

Do Kenda bicycle tires have a date code? Kenda K838's in particular. Thanks guys.
  5. BillCigar

Protect a rusty bike

I heard you can use boiled linseed oil to keep rusty frames from rusting further. Is this true? How do you do it? The biggest question... does it last? And any other ideas to retard rust, that is cheap to do. Thanks in advance
  6. BillCigar

Seat post question.

So...I had the wrong seatpost in my 1974 Huffy bike. The seat tube appears to be ALMOST 7/8". I have tried some different 7/8 posts, and all bind up 1-2" in. I already cleaned the inside of the seat tube, absolutely nothing in there. The inside of the tube is greased well. too. Well, I bought...
  7. BillCigar

Shifter cable & brake cable ferrules questions

I am re-doing brake and shifter cables on my wife's 15 YO el-cheapo Pacific MTB. Not sure which is cheaper. me or the bike. Do I really need ferrules for them? Are metal shifter ferrules worth the cost, compared to the plastic ones? I have metal brake ferrules. I bought new stainless brake and...
Back