Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. W

SOLD WHIZZER Motor Kit Lots of New Parts

Still Available? If so, I'm interested.
  2. W

BEATNIK BOMBITA - Ed 'Big Daddy' Roth Tribute build - Phase 1 Finished!

Well Guys, She's going to be a whole lot nicer in the future but she's running! With all the COVID parts delivery issues, work and family commitments I'm happy to have her finished at a minimum level even. ;^) Future additions will be completion of the dual '58 Chevy headlight, tank and rear...
  3. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

Thanks OddJob! I appreciate the positive feedback. She feels really smooth and I love the low seating position. Handlebars are in perfect position for comfort as are cranks and pedals.
  4. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

Thanks! I'm really pleased as she's my first ever custom build. I wish I'd had more time to finish all the fun custom components like the console shifter, dual headlight, fenders and teardrop saddle bags but she's gonna be fun as is for a while...
  5. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

That's funny! He calls it the Krab fork. I see your thought with it reversed... ;^)
  6. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

OK guys, After weeks of no time to work on the build off project I finally had this weekend to go full steam. I'll be posting more pics and videos (when I figure out how to) in the FINISHED section this week. For now, here are a few of the pics of the finished headset with the springer forks...
  7. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

Work has been hectic the past few Work has been hectic the past few weeks. I may have her running but certainly not painted and no custom fenders or light. That said, she might look fine and more 'Rat Rod' in style in her current rusty state... ;^)
  8. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

Hey Everyone, I think I mentioned that I was working with John Lerew of Gear Head Customs on a set of custom matching pedals to go with the awesome Rat Fink sprocket. Well, I finally received them and they are a BIG Homerun! John took my basic design request and took it much further than I...
  9. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

Hey Guys, Here's the latest installment of progress pics. I want to share with you the next components that have become an integral part of the Ed Roth Tribute bike. As you know, Ed’s Best Friend was the crazy character Rat Fink. When I mentioned to John Lerew of Gear Head Customs that I was...
  10. W

BO15 Scrapyard Mule

I second Psychographic's comments. I wish I had 1/2 your fabrication skills!
  11. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

Time will dictate what will be by the September 1st deadline. Long term it will have a white pearl base with pinstriping and graphics similar to the Beatnik Bandit color scheme.
  12. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

Hey Guys, Been going through the 'growing pains' of learning the frustration of a lack of standards in this fun endeavor. Through all of this I am enjoying the learning experience and growth in relationships with new people that have been extremely helpful along the way. Today's post covers a...
  13. W

New to the Forum - Intro

Welcome and have fun restoring that great bike... I'll get you Red Baron! hahaha
  14. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

OK, One more tidbit for the day. Just received a wonderful piece of steel art that is a perfect companion to the Ed 'BIG DADDY' Roth tribute bike. What better than Roth's Best Friend... The Rat Fink on an integral part of the bike... the sprocket! It's a total mockup screwed onto a piece of...
  15. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

Hi Everyone, I'm working away on the custom headlight and pedals and finding that I'm having trouble finding a rear hoop the size that I need for this build. Anyone know where I can find a 36 spoke 26x5 hoop? Thanks for your help in advance!
  16. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

Yes they did! Nothing like solid steel with lots of chrome! Next you replace the red lenses with clear backup lenses and it changes the entire look too. Hmmm what if we installed dual LED Angel Eyes HALO Ring Fire Wheel with Bixenon Projector Lens? Off to the lab to work on the Beatnik Bombita...
  17. W

BO15 'Beatnik Bombita'

Hey Odd Job, Lots going on in the SkunkWerkes garage hahaha I've been mocking up components that will be made from fiberglass like the faux tank, fenders, saddle bags and chain guard. Additionally, I've been working on the Ed Rothesque dual headlight assembly using a 1958 Chevy Bel Air Biscayne...
  18. W

BO15 A single wheel trailer called: "Taildragger" - Update: Wings?

Great and unique entry! Anything with wheels or wings is good in my book! Absolutely LOVE the fender. What is that off of? I'd love to have a pair for a trike I'm building. ;^)
Back