Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Trick

The Wifey Build, 1965 Schwinn Strandie

After building a bike for my son then building one for myself, the wife says: “I want a cool bike now too! I don’t wanna be stuck riding the granny cruiser while you guys are all cool and stuff.” So I built her this, influenced from a pic I saw somewhere.... 1965 Schwinn Frame and crank, 36...
  2. Trick

BM-Xray

Complete.... I posted a completed thread in the Journal Section, but either this thread is new or I didn’t see it, so I guess I’ll post again here... The bike I built for my sons 9th Birthday. A 1966 Schwinn Stingray which I believe was a 5 Speed once upon a time due the the rear brake bracket...
  3. Trick

1962 Schwinn Strandie

Well after building my sons ‘66 Stingray BMX bike, I got bit by the bug. And fully inspired by Davo1970’s builds, I decided to try one of my own. Hopefully it can turn out almost as nice as Davo’s cool rides!! I had dreams about his bikes! It’s off to the powder coater tomorrow where she’ll get...
  4. Trick

How to remove tank tabs from Schwinn frame??

I’m trying to get rid of tank tabs from cross bar.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Trick

Removal of tank tabs on 26” Schwinn frame???

Anyone have an easy method??? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Trick

BO15 BM-Xray complete!

Here it is finished! With a late delivery of my sons wanted rear fender added at the last minutes..... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Trick

BO15 BM-Xray

I’m building an old school BMX bike for my son for his upcoming 9th birthday. I purchased a 1966 Schwinn Stingray frame back in June of ‘17. Been ordering parts like a mad man! I don’t know who’s more excited about the build him or me!! Well, we started..... Frame as I received it Original...
  8. Trick

Bike build woes.....

I’m building a Schwinn Stingray BMX bike for my soon to be 9 year old son’s upcoming birthday. I started ordering parts at the end of April. I have everything I need except for the back wheel. I’m using Skyway Tuff IIs. I have the front which I got lucky finding from Stanton Inc. For very...
  9. Trick

Chain advise...

Hi All, New to forum, and I just have a question regarding a chain for a build for my son. A '66 Stingray with 36T Lucky 7 Can anyone recommend a source and type (brand) of chain I should be considering? All help is appreciated!! Rick
  10. Trick

WestCoastBoy

Hi, My name is Rick and have been a bike enthusiast all my life I suppose. I remember getting my first bike for my 7th birthday. It was a Sears Roebuck Purple Stingray copy I suppose, it had a slightly stretched length than a Stingray, a banana seat (purple sparkle), sissy bar and ape hangers. I...
Back