Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. JA331

Go fund me page for a mate's wife with MND

A mate's wife was struck down with Motor Neurone Disease last year. They travelled to a hospital in Boston for treatment and while she was there she caught pneumonia and is now on a ventilator and also possibly for the rest of her life. His son Sam has set up a go fund me page with the goal to...
  2. JA331

80's Kos

The wait is over! More than 40 years ago I saw a Kos on a riser in the bike section of Myer's department store in Melbourne, Australia. I was 14 at the time and already 6 foot tall riding a 20" dragster and thought this just had to be the greatest thing I had ever seen. However no amount of...
  3. JA331

‘62 Typhoon double straight bar

After years of searching I finally found a black ‘62 Typhoon. I should have it in a few weeks and have everything set aside that I need to build it into a sweet bmx cruiser. I will be keeping the original paint and I got most of the bike with the exception of the wheels, tires and pedals. I...
  4. JA331

Stealthmaster

The Stealthmaster (or at least its frame and fork) started life as a 1939 Roadmaster Supreme which was the Cleveland Welding Company’s top model that year. The year before, CWC introduced their Master Weld process using automatically controlled machines that completely eliminated hand welding or...
  5. JA331

Stealthmaster

I bought this 1940 Roadmaster 4 gill frame and fork in 2021 and slammed it together as a rat bike. It was a porker of a bike with bottom bracket and headset issues which led me to pull it down. My plan is to rebuild it with a bmx vibe. I considered stripping it back to metal and going with a raw...
  6. JA331

41 Colson looptail

This 41 Colson frame arrived last week. It was originally a grill tank bike and had been stripped of its valuable parts. The frame was the only part of the bike the seller had left which suited me as I planned to build it as a bmx cruiser. Once I got it out of box I was surprised to discover...
  7. JA331

24” Electra Hawaii

I got this Electra Hawaii last year for $30 from a seller on facebook mkpl to use as a parts bike and it was only when I got it home I realized it was a 24”. The chainwheel and headset went on my Speedliner and I put the bike in the step thru bike graveyard with the intention of cleaning it up...
  8. JA331

Freeliner

I have always wanted to build a bike in the style of the klunker bikes ridden by the pioneers of mountain biking. In 2021 I bought this 1936 Schwinn built B.F.G. Goodrich frame from an ebay seller and it arrived in Australia damaged. Ebay refunded me in total for the frame and shipping and I...
  9. JA331

Lazarus

In the 10 years I have owned this Typhoon frame I have built it at least 6-7 times, starting almost each time from a bare frame, hence the name Lazarus. My aim was to build a simple muscle bike with the parts I had laying around. I slammed it together in less than 6 hours. I now have a bike in...
  10. JA331

Outcast

A 1977 tall framed Schwinn Suburban I named Outcast as it looks out of place among the 12 or so cruisers in my shed. My aim was to retain its cool patina and make this rare find in Australia, lighter and faster. As I bought it for $30...
  11. JA331

Lazarus

My off road and skinny bike builds are done and for a while I thought how cool it would be if I could slam a bike together for the Muscle bike class too. I've had this late 60's Typhoon frame for over 10 years and recently used the fork, seat, handlebar and wheel set for my Speedliner. I have...
  12. JA331

2 x 80’s mtb’s

I picked up these two 80’s Taiwanese built mtb’s today for $25 primarily for the bullnose bar and long brake levers. The red bike has this crazy rear centre pull cantilever brake I have never seen before. It mounts to the frame using only the bolt in the centre of the assembly and has a rubber...
  13. JA331

Outcast

A couple of weeks back I joined a mate on a 50 mile drive to pick up a GT Transeo mtb which had a set of 700c wheels with an 8 speed nexus hub. He only wanted the hub and was planning to lace it into a 26” 36 hole rim he already had. After checking out the bike I discovered the hub had 32 holes...
  14. JA331

Freeliner with 3 x 1 gearing is GO!

I’m in. I got a 1936 Schwinn built B.F. Goodrich Streamliner frame for free 2 years ago as it was damaged in transit and ebay refunded me 100%. I have everything I need to build it and plan to build it as old style klunker with a coaster. It will be painted and then aged somehow. What it would...
  15. JA331

Speed Liner

I got a good deal on this reproduction LL frame recently and slammed it together today. I’ve named it the Speed Liner as it has been stripped of all the heavy parts and fitted with a Nexus 7. The only other parts I got with the frame are the kickstand and chain guard. I pulled the seat, wheels...
  16. JA331

La Fugazi

I named my first build off bike La Fugazi, which means a fake in American Italian slang. My goal was to build a replica of a prewar American balloon tire bike using a 1998 Trek Cruiser Classic frame and parts taken from the bikes of two of my favourite manufacturers, the Cleveland Welding...
  17. JA331

La Fugazi

This is my first build off entry. 17 is a special number for me as my birthday is on the 17th of April, shared with my favourite car the Ford Mustang and the number used on the numerous Fords raced in Australia by my favourite race car driver .... Johnson. I had planned to use a reproduction...
  18. JA331

COOK BROS 3 BAR ON EBAY

I thought USD27K for the last one I saw on ebay in 2020 was crazy, but this one takes it to a new level.
  19. JA331

Shockmaster fork flex

I have a prewar shockmaster fork and would like to know if there should be any side to side movement at the top pivot points. My fork seems to move side to side. I can’t see any noticeable wear and am wondering whether it is missing thin shimming washers in the pivots to tighten it up.
  20. JA331

TRUETORCH TALL COOK BROS STYLE HANDLEBAR

John Severin of Truetorch will be doing a run of his Cook Bros Replica cruiser bar (that he sells as the Long Horn) but it will be 2" taller at 11" and 3" wider at 35". I have a cromoly Long Horn bar on my Fast Ripper and can attest to the quality. The chrome plated bars will be $220 and the...
Back