Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Bike from the Dead

Unknown Columbia bike and 1968 Schwinn Stingray I.D. and valuation help needed.

I picked up these 2 bikes as part of a package deal last month, and I'd like to figure out what they might be worth, as I'm planning on taking at least the Schwinn Stingray to Haysville later this month. The first bike is this... I want to say it's a Columbia, but I'm not 100% sure. The wheels...
  2. Bike from the Dead

ORBO Step-Thru Klunker

I always say that my username, "Bike from the Dead," is a reference to how I like to "bring bikes back from the dead," and I don't think any other bike I've built so far demonstrates my mission statement better than this 1950 Schwinn step-thru klunker. When I got this old girl, it was nothing...
  3. Bike from the Dead

1968 Sears Spyder 10 speed Muscle bike in Olathe, Kansas

Came across this ad on FB Marketplace for a muscle bike I haven't seen before: a 10-speed Sears Spyder. I've seen 5-speed Spyders before, and own one myself, but I've never seen a 10-speed version before. Where's @CRASH at? I bet he'd know a thing or two about this one!
  4. Bike from the Dead

ORBO Step-Thru Klunker

Last April, I was at a bicycle swap meet in Haysville, Kansas. While there, I learned they had a "free pile" where anyone could dump the stuff they didn't want or need for someone else to take home, assuming it didn't go the the scrap yard after the swap meet ended. Needless to say, once I found...
  5. Bike from the Dead

ORBO ORBO Inspiration and Entertainment: Klunker Documentaries

I've been watching a few videos on the roots of mountain biking lately, and while odds are you may have seen them before, I'd still like to share them with you. Some of these videos area already giving me ideas for some of my bikes! Know any good movies/videos on mountain biking, klunking...
  6. Bike from the Dead

Bike from the Dead's Mockup Mash

Late this past year, I had a sort of "self-intervention" in regards to my bike hobby: I have more bikes and bike parts than I know what to do with, and I need to hurry up and decide what I'm going to do with all of them. The sooner I can do that, the sooner I can build the rest of the bikes in...
  7. Bike from the Dead

MUTT

Back in the summer of 2022, I picked up this 24 inch twin-tube Free Spirit frame along with 4 other bikes for free off of Facebook Marketplace. Out of all the frames I picked up that day, this one was easily my favorite of the bunch. I'm still not sure who manufactured it, though I want to say...
  8. Bike from the Dead

Rusty Rocket

Back in July, my friend Patrick gave me this Monark Western Flyer and a few other parts. I've never built a Monark bike before, so I was pretty excited to fix it up! And it's even been painted a nice (if worn) blue, one of my favorite colors! The tank has definitely seen better days, but I...
  9. Bike from the Dead

Parts Bin Schwinn No. 2: 1958 Cantilever

In order to help me scratch that creative itch that my current Build Off entry can't quite reach, I want to throw together two custom Schwinns out of the parts I currently have in stock. This is "Parts Bin Schwinn" No. 2: a 1958 Schwinn cantilever frame that, along with some other parts and...
  10. Bike from the Dead

Parts Bin Schwinn No. 1: Postwar Straight Bar

In order to help me scratch that creative itch that my current Build Off entry can't quite reach, I want to throw together two custom Schwinns out of the parts I currently have in stock. This is "Parts Bin Schwinn" No. 1: a 1952 Schwinn straight bar I got in a trade for another 1952 Schwinn...
  11. Bike from the Dead

Springfield Missouri Bicycle Show and Swap 5/21/23

How many folks here are going to the Bicycle Show and Swap on Sunday? I'll be there with a few things to sell/trade, but I'm mostly on the hunt for parts again.
  12. Bike from the Dead

24 inch Free Spirit BMX Cruiser (PAUSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Okay, this is not the trike I had originally planned on building for my first ever Class 2 entry, but I think this bike will be a better project for me to learn some basic welding on. Here's the patient: a 24 inch twin-tube Sears Free Spirit 10-speed boy's bike that I think was built by Murray...
  13. Bike from the Dead

The Old West

Going to do something a little different for this year's Build Off. Normally I'd build something custom, as that's what I like to do, but right now none of my custom projects are ready for the Build Off. I haven't figured out how I'd like to build some of them yet, and most of the bikes that I...
  14. Bike from the Dead

Lot of good potential rat rods about to head to the scrapyard in Denton, Texas

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1597910740697520/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A9ad58ef2-740d-4bd3-b833-b8934a241c4b Just came across this ad on Facebook Marketplace, and I'm seeing some pretty sweet bikes that I'd hate to see get...
  15. Bike from the Dead

Thinking about doing the unthinkable: selling one of my custom bikes. Need help determining value.

Well, never thought I'd do this, but I've decided to part with my most recent build, The Kasual Klunker. As much as I like how my 1952 Schwinn Hornet turned out, I just couldn't fall in love with the original red paint. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but red is honestly just that one color I...
  16. Bike from the Dead

Huffy-built Western Flyer middleweight men's bike: ID & Valuation help needed.

Got this Huffy-built Western Flyer this past Saturday from a friend of mine, and I'd like to know more about it. I'd like to know what year it was built, whether or not it was really built by Huffy or by someone else, and what this bike is worth. If you guys could help me out, I'd really...
  17. Bike from the Dead

Kasual Klunker

Finished working on my 1952 Schwinn Hornet, Kasual Klunker, for now. There are still a few things I'd like to do to it down the road, but I achieved my primary goal, which was to get this bike riding again for cheap. This was a first for me, as I'm not really an off road bike guy, but as I was...
  18. Bike from the Dead

$10 Schwinn: good deal to fix and flip or naw?

Thinking about buying this Schwinn to fix it up and resell it to make a little cash. I've got wheels and tubes, but I'd definitely need to buy tires for it. Sound like it's worth the effort, or should I just pass on it? I could use the parts either way.
  19. Bike from the Dead

AMF Debutante and unknown Huffy girls' bikes ID, Value and Potential

Picked up these 2 girls' bikes for free a few months apart. I got the AMF Debutante back in August, and I picked up the blue Huffy just this Sunday. The AMF Debutante looks to be mostly complete, with either the front or rear wheel replaced at some point. The blue Huffy meanwhile is missing a...
  20. Bike from the Dead

Kasual Klunker

Last year on October 30th, 2021, I purchased this 1952 Schwinn Hornet for $40. I had always wanted to build a custom Schwinn straight bar, and this was a prime candidate for such a build. The frame was nice and straight with no damage or rust holes, the chain guard was in decent shape apart from...
Back