Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. JoKeR63

Elginetic

Here we go, the final piece to the puzzle. Time to put tools and paint away, and go see some grandbabies. Here is Elginetic..................................... In the beginning. Mods, use this pic........................................................ I'll...
  2. JoKeR63

Elginetic (The End)

Not a lot of time for me this morning, so I'll make it brief. '30's something Elgin in need of a gender bending. Gonna' take a page out of the Jake Sensi playbook and keep things real Ratty and CHEAP. Stay tuned.................................
  3. JoKeR63

FrankenBurri

I've been wantin' to built a burrito forever. But I have always thought they should be welded, brazing is just too expensive. The whole point of a burrito is to keep the cost at an absolute minimum. Well, my son bought a welder for his '66 Fairlane and that changed everything. I really wasn't...
  4. JoKeR63

SideHacked!

Made it under the wire, just in time. I'll be adding more photos and a video tommorow, so stay tuned. Again thanx for viewing, and althou it may not be your #1 vote, make it your 3rd vote! :wink: Steve, photo below is my fav.
  5. JoKeR63

Know Idea

Ok, bit of a mystery. I've seen this type of frame here before but cant remember who made it. Any ideas? Somebody just dropped it at my doorstep so I didn't even get a chance to thank them, at least it has a lucky 7. I may hack it up and gender bend it. If it's not valuable.
  6. JoKeR63

SideHacked! Epilogue

It's Back! May 1st, and time once again to assemble some mildly usefull two wheeled (or three, as in this case) machinery. I'm building a sidecar bike this time around and it has a purpose. By contest end, my one and only Grand daughter will be one year old, and ready for some new adventures...
  7. JoKeR63

Mutley

Well it's time to put RRBO 6 to a close. Mutley was meant to be a rider and this turned out as planned. I ran out of time for a tank and lites but since I'm a minimalist this is something I can live with. Build thread can be viewed here.http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39671
  8. JoKeR63

Murray Seat post

Ok, maybe someone can answer this one. Apparently the post measures between 3/4" and 13/16"diameter. Metric that would be 20mm. Does anyone have a source for these, I'm strikin' out.
  9. JoKeR63

3cc hub help

For those insane enough to take these apart. Does the big spring go on the clutch side or the brake side? I got it all back together and it seem that I have a lot of backpedalling to engage the brakes.
  10. JoKeR63

Mutley (Done!)

"You call the canary Richelieu because you always wanted a cardinal". If you get that reference you should win a prize. I think that's just a working title for now, I've got no idea what to call the thing yet. Gonna' borrow from the same principles as last year, My frame just fell into my...
  11. JoKeR63

How's Bicycledesign been doin'?

I want to place an order with them but I seem to remember waiting forever for them for some apes. Has anybody had a recent order from them and how was their timing?
  12. JoKeR63

The Simpsons

Looks like Rat Rodding has finally made it to the longest running animated series. Last night's episode featured Springfield's resident bully opening a custom bike shop. Looks like Nirve and Electra was well represented.
  13. JoKeR63

project Hyper Vyper

I have a more serious cycling side and I wanted a really fast bike, so I decided to build a Hi-Racer. This project has taken me nearly a year to get to this point and it's still not done. Bike is capable of cruising at 20 mph when in the flats. I really like the Schwinn coppertone color and...
  14. JoKeR63

Murray Something (Sears)

Finally, a guy's 26" frame! Small width tires and standard 559 rims suggest a switch to middle weights was going on. Mid '60's maybe? Bent fork, front fender braces, and crank. Typical male stuff. I may break this up, put the running gear on a chick spaceliner, and use the frame for next years...
  15. JoKeR63

Cinco de Polo

Finally had some time and some reasonable weather. It's now time to put that final nail in and call it done. Voting's gona' be tough this time around. Too many good bikes, and they'll all show up the 31st. Here ya go! The Final Cut. Horse drawn road grader, late 1800's? This one's my...
  16. JoKeR63

OCCrap

Been wanting one of these to kick around and it finally came on the back of a truck just before it went to the scrap bin. Rear hub was completely shot, but I had 2 left over from the Revs build. Relaced rear wheel, put on a 19t freewheel and shortened the chain. Went for a ride and discovered...
  17. JoKeR63

'54 Roadmaster

Got this thing a while back and couldn't resist, once I saw the skiptooth. It didn't have any wheels when I got it, which is why I paid only $20 for it. I had plans to radically alter it but after looking over all those hand painted stripes I decided it was time to leave this one alone and just...
  18. JoKeR63

Schwinn Phixie

Ok, has anyone done anything this crazy/stupid? Had some time to kill this afternoon letting paint dry and built up a fixie wheel for one of my BFK's. I figured it may be easier to do wheelies with one but after trying it I'm not so sure. One thing I do want to learn is to ride backwards but...
  19. JoKeR63

Cinco de Polo (Now with NOS!)

Time for yet another "build what you stumbled across" bike for #5. Seventy something Ross Polo bike that somebody has painted blue, so any hope of restoring it to original have faded. I've been kicking around the idea of a "Krusty-Krate" style bike for a while and this looks like a good...
  20. JoKeR63

54ish? RoadMaster

Well, the curse of the chick bike has struck yet again, but I couldn't pass up this deal. Got it for $20 with no wheels. I threw a set of wheels and a drivetrain just to rock it, and see if some ideas popped out. Fenders are in decent shape, anyhow. I've haven't made a firm decision on what I'm...
Back