Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

North Dallas - Thursday Night Ride

It's part bike ride, part pub crawl! We meet every Thursday night at Big Schucks on Coit Road, just South of Beltline Rd. Some riders show up as early as 7 pm, our goal is to be on the road (to the next bar) by 8 pm.
  2. K

DALLAS RIDE & SHOW - (PHOTOS POSTED!!!!!!)

Please post the trophy winners!
  3. K

Bike Engines?

I have a buddy who wants to build a motorized bike. He is leaning towards a two-stroke which fits in the main triangle and runs a chain. Anyone here have any experience with any of the engine kits which are currently available and any recommendations? Thanks!
  4. K

Diamond Chain

http://www.diamondchain.com/ ?
  5. K

first post

This is great! I have thought of doing something similar. Is this a chainsaw engine?
  6. K

Hi there - Gainesville, FL!

If the Schwinn is in as good condition as it looks, I wouldn't do anything non-reversible there. On the other bike, I think you could get real radical. "Steamdriven"? as in an interest in steampunk?
  7. K

How to build a low-buck Fixie

Gear 'em lower than most of the guys do. And install a front brake.
  8. K

Pista

I think a converted road bike is a better choice for most riders. A real track bike is upright and stiff. Some track bikes don't have the fork drilled for a brake. On some track bikes, the front tire can hit the toe clip. Reguardless of what kind of bike you use as a fixed gear, gear it lower...
  9. K

Richardson (Dallas area) Texas

Rat Rod: Great to hear they are doing well. If you have an email address, tell them I said "Hi". Elli is a super sweet lady and Adi is one of the few guys you can trust to give you honest recommendations about your car. StephenH: Good to know another rat rod biker in the area! Ham radio can be...
  10. K

I remember Marty. But didn't really know him. Buick Club? You must know Adi. Every time I have someone else do anything to my car, I remember how much I miss having him in town.
  11. K

I am not a H.O.S.S. member, but I have attended a few of their events. Looking forward to Impalafest!
  12. K

I surfed in yesterday and have enjoyed the site! I hung out and worked in bike shops in the late 70s and was all into the dropbar light weight thing. Now I find I am riding my upright bar wide tire bikes more. And making them more rat-like. Besides bicycles, I enjoy motorcycles (KLR-650, '75...
Back