Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BartRidesEternal

Ratrod bicycle trailer and soapbox

I have the wheels back from trueing. I put the tires on and mounted them on the spindles. I mounted the inner rear bearings and testfitted the rear wheels too, I couldnt wait. So the outer bearing and bushes will be assembled soon. My wife and kid sat on the rear axle and I pulled them for a...
  2. BartRidesEternal

Coasterbrake hub builds

Wow! Looks cool! Is that to 'stiffen' the rear axle? I imagine when you are burning rubber, the rear axle starts vibrating? I'm just guessing here. I'm very willing to make a model and dxf file and send it / share it here. Thanks guys!
  3. BartRidesEternal

Coasterbrake hub builds

I altered the arm a little bit: Check this out: Original arm is on the hub. Fits like a glove! Now, deburring and painting remains. Maybe the "Lego Space" theme is not a bad idea @MattiThundrrr ! Thanks!
  4. BartRidesEternal

"Building a welding JIG first" - design process and thoughts

Extrusion aluminium parts came in! And picked up the lasercut parts. Unfortunately the cutting machine forgot some holes, but the company will send a new set. Wooow! That light effect! Hmm, something missing here. These parts are good. Will deburr them soon before assembly! Exciting!!!
  5. BartRidesEternal

Wooden bicycle build

Awesome! Thank you. I will be watching your youtube video a few times more and break it down for my own learning process. I will make a fork for this bicycle, maybe I can build a fork for you too 😉
  6. BartRidesEternal

What are you listening to?

7. BartRidesEternal

Wooden bicycle build

Wow that bicycle is beautifully made! What kind of 'woodglue' did you use? And how did you completely round the frame equally? A combination of sawing and sanding or sanding only? Are you going to build a fork from wood from this bike too?
  8. BartRidesEternal

SWB0 CobblestoneRat

Love the progress already and that 'mr Horsepower' sticker :thumbsup:
  9. BartRidesEternal

I got most prices in and decided to order the JIG! Parts to design and fabricate remain, but that is fine. I thought thoroughly about the design and am eager to learn on the job. Picture above: I ordered a bit more and with shipping the price was at 270 euros. Lasercut parts. Lower two...
  10. BartRidesEternal

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Since my blue grips cracked on the inside (there is a plastic bush underneath the rubber), I changed my grips and bought a different 'superlight' seat that was damaged. Normally these seats are pretty expensive, but now I managed to buy it for 10 bucks including shipping. I glued and painted the...
  11. BartRidesEternal

SWB0 Vertigo Granny

I finished and stained the fenders. Assembled them and did a quick testrun! The bike rides pretty good! Its a bit getting used to the angles, but feels like a solid bike. The rear tire was a bit too soft, so I'm going for a longer testride this week. I also decided to keep the seat. I repaired...
  12. BartRidesEternal

Rebuilding a broken Straight 8

Awesome, thanks! I was projecting my own 'hard to throw stuff away' things here :wink1:
  13. BartRidesEternal

Rebuilding a broken Straight 8

Wow, what a crack from the seat tube! Normally when you repair an aluminium weld you'll have to heat treat it, or else the welded spot will be weaker than before. Personally I would consider milling a new piece and rivetting it onto the frame, but that can be quite a undertaking.
  14. BartRidesEternal

I was looking at "Tube Notchers" since I want to have a complete indication what 'frame building' encompasses and most tube notchers use that same 90 degree V-block as well. Now I can give myself a pat on the back for not thinking way too unconventional ;) Tube notchers come in a lot of...
  15. BartRidesEternal

What have you been riding lately?

I cleaned the crossframe commuter. I am trying out some chainwax now, since the chain got so rusty and dirty with this wet winter. Spring is in the air too! Man I enjoy this bike, love it!
  16. BartRidesEternal

Next build off………

I'm open to discussion about "I made mistakes back then" Aint life a beautiful large complex bundle of mistakes :thumbsup: "We build, we learn, we'll try something new. As we get older and our taste constantly refines, our builds do as well" -Some weird Dutch guy from some bicycle forum on...
  17. BartRidesEternal

ORBO Two weeks, eh?

Run it on inner tubes only and enter :rockout:
  18. BartRidesEternal

SWB0 Vertigo Granny

Since I'm hecitant about the seat, I found another second hand seat which will arrive soon. Its not that different, but completely black. I assembled the chain and a different rear sprocket. Now the gears are 44-22. Uh oh. Need to finish the fenders anyway, so I will cut a few millimeters...
  19. BartRidesEternal

Wooden bicycle build

I managed to do a quick puzzle and looked at the 4mm lasercut steel plates for the headtube. It looks great, but I need to think of a few things first: -Alignment of these before I weld them. -Alignment of the wooden top and downtube. -Placement and fixing that top tube on the end of the seat...
  20. BartRidesEternal

Next build off………

I'm not working on the bike, since that is not ok. But I am planning a few things in my head and on paper. This way I can keep an eye out for parts or scrap and create a large pile and make my wife angry :grin:
Back