Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

It's not mint green anymore!

This used to be a mint green Murray beach cruiser I found on garbage day a few years ago. It's been my daily rider, and after replacing a few thing( rear wheel, chain, pedals), I got a wild hair and deciced to tear it down and paint it. I didn't get any shots of the painting, so I thought i'd...
  2. T

1G welding test help

Hey guys. I got a call from a friend of mine the other day about a job at the place he works. It's a welding job and I have to pass a welding test. I think it's the 1G test. Does anybody have any suggestions to help?
  3. T

New tandem find

Looky what I found this morning on trash day. I know it's a Huffy, but other than that I have no idea. But it has ramshorn bars on it. Not too bad for a freebie!
  4. T

The Sexy Rexy

I've had some downtime recently and have been able to finally start working on my bike. It's a 61 Schwinn Spitfire, and I'm calling it Sexy Rexy. I put it together to see how it would look, and I'm torn between the two forks I have. One, the green one in the picture is from a Schwinn...
  5. T

Any events in the Illinois/Chicago area?

Hey all. Does anyone know of any bike events in the Chicagoland area or in Illinois in general?
  6. T

Huffy slingshot questions

Hey guys. If you haven't seen my post in the gallery section, I found a Huffy Slingshot in the dumpster yesterday. I'm wondering if anyone knows where the serial numbers are on them?
  7. T

Dumpster diving score!

I can't believe someone would throw this away. My boss and I saw this yesterday as we were headed to the field to plant corn. Look at the bars on this thing! It's a Huffy Slingshot. The missus was stoked when she saw it. \ The only reason I think someone threw it away was because the...
  8. T

Speedster and typhoon front forks

Hey guys. I wanted to wrack some of your guys' brains for a sec. I just got two front forks off ebay, one is off a 68 typhoon, and the other is a 73 speedster. Does anyone know what size of wheels those came with, or what size I can squeeze in them.
  9. T

Schwinn cast frames?

I was wondering if anyone knows if Schwinn ever used a cast frame? I've got on old bike frame I found in a barn a while back, and am in the process of tearing it down to strip the paint off and it looked like the steering neck is a cast piece.
  10. T

Hey ho!

Hey guys. My name's Troy, and I just joined up yesterday. I've been looking around at the forum and the gallery and I have to say there are some righteous rides here. I do have one question about headset cups. I just bought a Western Flyer Hiawatha frame off ebay, and I noticed that the...
Back