Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. MattiThundrrr

Duck Norris, The Sixties Thing

So I did a bit of a thing https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/duck-norris-guest-starring-in-that-sixties-thing.118936/page-3#post-1268943 It ain't much, you really only need to read page 3, all the action is in post 44-53.
  2. MattiThundrrr

The ThundrrrFleet

I'm streamlining the content. This is the spot where I'll do updates that aren't really builds. All the stuff about previous builds will be here as well. Idle chit chat too.
  3. MattiThundrrr

Voting Strategies

There are going to be a bunch of cool bikes again this year. Voting is going to be something that requires serious thought and planning. In the past, I have struggled to keep the number of votes I cast low because of the quality. What is your thinking about votes? Only vote for one, or multiple...
  4. MattiThundrrr

Deady LongLegs - Stick a Fork In It

I couldn't edit the old thread title, so my first update is the change from Daddy Long Legs, to Daddy LongLegs. I usually try to save most of the activity for the last week, keeps the build fresher in the voter's mind. However, I need a working bike with gears, and my method has earned me a...
  5. MattiThundrrr

Looking for old rat info

Hey guys, this bike is on my mind lately, for some reason, I remember pictures of it all over the place here... Does anyone know anything about it? I can't find anything, don't know who's it is, what it is, what it is called, etc... I'd love for there to be a build thread. If anyone knows...
  6. MattiThundrrr

Triple Threat Trifecta

So I haven't counted, but I'm sure there are at least a few builders who are competing in all three categories. That's a pretty impressive feat, definitely worth a highlight or recognition. It's worth discussing:should we come up with some award category for the superbuilders who can finish one...
  7. MattiThundrrr

Gas Money

This just in: Matti is building a skinny boy Nineteen fifty something CCM camel. It's not getting any paint, these deets are too sweet to lose Remember that time when I tried to stuff tall wheels into a Sweet old CCM? This is attempt 2. Taller frame this time
  8. MattiThundrrr

Cockpit shots only

Stole the idea from a guy in another place. Moving, motionless whatever. Preferably a rider's eye view, (not required) and include a bit of bike for our delectation and approval. We've got a broad variety of bars and setups, this should be interesting. I'll chum the waters...
  9. MattiThundrrr

POW! ZING! Build Off jokes!

OJ, that's a great idea Thy wish is my command.
  10. MattiThundrrr

Build Off 17 Highlight Thread

There's a lot going on out there, is is easy for stuff to get overlooked. This thread is for sharing cool stuff that's happening in the Build Off. If you see something, say something.
  11. MattiThundrrr

Sweet Marie

Pulled this sweet old Canadian classic out of the attic where it had been waiting for the last couple of decades. The history is the story here, I believe it to be a one family bike, the original owner being Ms Jean Marie W., my sweet grandmother in law. I'm doing the build for my wife, who's...
  12. MattiThundrrr

Bonefish: The Afterlife

Muscle Bike Buildoff DNF. https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/bonefish.114845/ This is as close as I got to a complete bike: There's still much to do
  13. MattiThundrrr

Let's Talk About Snow Bikes

Up where I'm from, it is a long off-season if you don't ride snow. I haven't been out since forever. It makes me cranky and depressed. I need trails. My lovely wife is pushing me to get a fat bike, but I was raised in the weight weenie era of MTB, so I have resisted those big beasts. However...
  14. MattiThundrrr

Re-re-Upholstery Project

Winter blahs have set in. I haven't ridden in weeks (months?). Stuck in the doldrums on my MBBO project. Time to get moving on something else in an attempt to save my mind. Brought in the old saddle I took off my Nishiki for a second attempt I covered it in denim after the success of the one I...
  15. MattiThundrrr

Bonefish: The Beginnings

I forgot to take pictures. Hee hee hee. Ho ho ho Le poisson, le poisson
  16. MattiThundrrr

Me and Paul

It's been rooty, rocky travelin' But I'm finally biking upright on the ground After taking several readings I'm surprised to find my mind is fairly sound I thought Bromont was the toughest But I know I said the same about them all We received our education On the singletrack of the nation, me...
  17. MattiThundrrr

ALERT: Shimano Warns of Scam Site

Big heads up for online buyers: https://www.bicycleretailer.com/international/2021/10/22/shimano-warns-clearance-web-store-fake#.YXP8wE0pA0N Looks like a fake site, not affiliated with the company, moving counterfeit products.
  18. MattiThundrrr

Good From Afar

I'm finished. Build thread here: https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/good-from-afar.113619/ To get me, and Good From Afar, understand that everything is a joke. I take jokes seriously. Here's how it started: Parts list: -Frame (integrated kickstand), fork, rear fender, and chain guard...
  19. MattiThundrrr

Bikes and Military Memorials

Every town has them. The Legion puts a howitzer in the parking lot, the rcaf building mounts a plane, there is an APC at the armory. Let's see some pics of bikes and military vehicles and memorials. If there's a plaque, why not include it too! There was an elementary flight school on the grounds...
Back