Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

Guitar Players: Show us yours!

Oh...and I got this Dean acoustic electric. Reviews I read on one of the guitar forums was "trash with flash":bigsmile: But it seems to have a nice mellow tone. And I think the pawn shop had it priced wrong. Looks nearly brand new. Not sure I'm going to like it though. It's a little too big...
  2. K

My new old ukulele. Guinnini baritone. Made in Brazil. Maybe early 70's. Shows it's age with a few beauty marks, but solid. It's pretty dirty in the pic. But I think it'll clean up nicely. I was able to tighten up the cheap friction tuners. Brass frets. And a little narrower at the nut than...
  3. K

Kona Cafe'

Parts gathering for the Kona Cafe' is starting to fall in place. The most elusive part, that fit the narrative, was obtained today.:D Vintage Giannini baritone uke from a pawn shop for next to nuthin. And the story continues.
  4. K

Was thinkin I needed something quieter to practice with. So I figured a solid body electric guitar unplugged or through earphones. Found a real nice black and sunburst Palmer Les Paul that I really liked. But got this on sale for sixty bucks out the door instead. It's an Optek Fretlight 500. It...
  5. K

Yeah, I might have to flip that.
  6. K

Lots of nice stuff in here. I'm really just getting started playing, and have already become a bit enamored with the instruments. Got the Surfcaster first. And although I have an interest in playing it, probably more of an investment. Like an inexpensive piece of art. Then I found something...
  7. K

Brr

We hit 65 today in north Texas. Had a couple of unseasonably cold mornings earlier this week. Low 20's is out of the norm round these parts before Turkey Day. So we got a bird goin in the oven early in the mornin to catch up.
  8. K

Kona Cafe'

That looks too fast to ride on the trails around here. I don't think they'd allow it. And probably have to be registered as a motorcycle to ride on the street. And how could I even mount a banana seat on a full suspension bike!!:bigsmile:
  9. K

Kona Cafe'

120 is pretty reasonable. A heck of a lot more than I paid for the bike. But nothing close to what the higher end downhill forks go for.
  10. K

Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

A pawn shop down the road had a Puma folding bike by Biomega that I could've bought for about $80 But I was afraid I'd break it. And it was a little rough. Needed a good tune-up.
  11. K

Kona Cafe'

Those look perfect. Color and all. I'll keep an eye out.
  12. K

Kona Cafe'

Gotta try and get motivated this weekend on the skateboard seat. Gonna double up on this in the morning. Also thinkin I picked the wrong string instrument for my prop. Not sure the Charvel is what I needed to learn on. But it looks cool. So...picked up this old early 70's Yamaha classical...
  13. K

Kona Cafe'

Thanks. I read some reviews and they weren't all positive. Some didn't like the twangy sound that the unorthodox shape and small slash sound hole help produce. But apparently these were used by some who desired that sound. But I was looking for a smaller guitar. Something bordering on a parlor...
  14. K

Matti goes shopping. New bike phobia

Funky style and a cool color. I kinda like it. Obligatory detractions as requested: But the yellow forks stand out a little much. The frame does look smallish. And more maintenance and future expenditures than a hardtail.
  15. K

Kona Cafe'

Yeah, looks like it.Might be a good inspiration for this build. Wish I could find some cool triple tree suspension forks like those at a reasonable price. Would make mounting headlights and a little quarter fairing like that easier. Maybe this will become an e-bike. Anyway, the guitar turned...
  16. K

Kona Cafe'

Sold a chainsaw last night, and a backpack blower today. So I think I'll go back and make an offer on the axe, as it should make a good prop for the muscle bike:D
  17. K

Kona Cafe'

Yeah, it's accoustic electric. Plugs in the middle of the strap thing on the back, and has a tiny equalizer on top. Nice rosewood on the back. The wood on the front is kinda plain compared to a couple I saw online, or I might have bought it right then.
  18. K

Kona Cafe'

Yeah guys I'm sorry I haven't made much progress yet. I have most of the parts....maybe, until I find some better parts. And need to get to building the seat. But I've been distracted by my work schedule and a football game here and there. And adding to/ modifying/ refining my chainsaw...
  19. K

26 MTB to gravel bike conversion to town bike

The left side would be easy to polish. But the right side looks like a lot more work.
  20. K

Matti goes shopping. New bike phobia

Buy one that you can grow into! :grin:
Back