Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

bottom bracket help

Hi! So, on a whim I bought an old motobecane folding bike that I am sort of restoring. It has a three piece bottom bracket with cottered cranks. I can't get the fixed bottom bracket cup (crank side) out despite PB blaster, gripping the cup in my vise and turning the frame, and trying a trick I...
  2. M

coed cruiser: resurrected and finished!? 11/19/11

Haven't built any bikes so far this year. But...out of the blue my 19 year old daughter asked me if we could build a bike for her to use on campus. How could I refuse! After some initial planning and ordering some components, the project began today! Had this old cantilever frame sitting in the...
  3. M

welding practice

Ola! Besides commenting on other people's bikes, have spent the last several months building a recumbent for welding practice! Got the plans from the atomic zombie web site. It is made from two cheap huffy mountain bikes that I got at the thrift store. Graylock has built a similar one and posted...
  4. M

Handemade Bicycle Show

Pics from the North American Handmade Bicycle Show in Indianapolis this past weekend. Very cool show! Snow bike with monstous tires! Bamboo frame bike! Nice pub crawler! interesting frame bike with lacewood fenders and chainguard copper plated bike: frame, rims, spokes, hubs...
  5. M

"Training" Wheels

This is my first build. My inspiration was a T-6G Texan, Air Force trainer from the early 50's. Why? I really like old airplanes and my dad learned to fly in one! This is my first build. My inspiration was a T-6G Texan, Air Force trainer from the early 50's. Why? I really like old airplanes and...
  6. M

springer fork help

Hi! Being new to rat rod construction, I have run into a problem. Bought an after market springer fork with a steerer tube that is a bit too long for my head tube. If I cut the steerer tube down to size the plate that fits over the steerer tube ( the part that attaches to the spring) will be...
  7. M

my bike story

Hi from New Mexico! I have been surfing this site for several months. I learned to ride bikes on a 24" Western Flyer. I remember crashing it into several trees while my father cringed! I graduated to a 26" Huffy that I rode for many years and used to deliver papers. It had two baskets on the...
Back