Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. James Sharkey

Bratz Fleetwing Class 2

Will do . I usually make a small jig fixture out of square tubing then use squares and string to guide the pieces to be clamped in . I use wood to shim and then tack weld and check and recheck .
  2. James Sharkey

Bratz Fleetwing Class 2

Long day of cutting , looking , cutting , looking . Got the rear channeled and figured out . Tried the headtube up high but then went for a level in line height . Got the curves right .Now I am going to bend up a fender to go directly on the fixed one , start cleanup and final birdsmouth of the...
  3. James Sharkey

Bratz Fleetwing Class 2

Got a little more done , I like the rear lug dropouts of the Fleetwing , so cutting again was in order . Next I have to section a few things and cut the fixed rear fender of the Bratz . It's starting to take shape .
  4. James Sharkey

Bratz Fleetwing Class 2

Got a little more work done on the frame this morning,trying to get the lines kosher . The neck rake has increased to 8 degrees over stock , cut and flipped the double upper bars , cut seat post with rear manual brake lever mount to height . Now to sit back and ponder the rear section .
  5. James Sharkey

Bratz Fleetwing Class 2

Thanks for the tip - bikes I can do , operating a thread/computer , not so much ! Lol
  6. James Sharkey

Bratz Fleetwing Class 2

No turning back now , the frames are preliminary cut . Rear seaction next , then blending and transitioning and adding gussets . Added 3" length to front and 6 degrees of rake plus 6" added length to the rear . I still want to oxy/acetylene braze it all but it may see the tig .
  7. James Sharkey

Bratz Fleetwing Class 2

Thanks , gonna start cutting the frames up this weekend .
  8. James Sharkey

Bratz Fleetwing Class 2

Thanks , gonna be interesting to see others builds and hopefully what they think of mine .
  9. James Sharkey

Bratz Fleetwing Class 2

Class 2 - the build begins . Both frames are salvage , the girls fleetwing was runover in the 70's by a truck , the Bratz bike was heading for the scrapper . The two will be intertwined , raked , and stretched . Fork combo may change but using a 26" bike fork of some sort . Wheels will be 20"...
Back