Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. bits n pieces

Just Another Boring Schwinn.

Yup. Just another boring schwinn corvette build. YAWWWWNNNNN. First pic is after I had it powder coated and installed nexus 7 speed. Then I was tired of pedaling and added motor kit that I put almost 7,000 miles on before it blew. Sat around for awhile until some inspiration came in a bag...
  2. bits n pieces

Just an old picture.

This picture is taken in Brazil, IN. Some of the family showing off their new bikes. Look at all the accessories on those western flyers. You have to love the scenery and old signs too.Look at the awesome porch on the house too. Ill get a better copy of the picture up as soon as i get my scanner...
  3. bits n pieces

Just another stingray.

Im trying to find my before pictures. Im building this custom 5 speed stingray. Its completely not original! I found a part here, part there, frame here, fork there, other parts may still be at your house in your stash! I still need a 5 speed sprocket i like and a chaingaurd. I had the frame...
  4. bits n pieces

Question for everyone who flipped dropouts on beehive spring

Do you guys have a problem with too much travel? If so how did you stop it? I flipped my dropouts. It looks cool. It rides ok. Except when i hit bigger bumps. My front tire hits the fork and locks it up like i have brakes on the front. Needless to say, my bike has given me a few flying lessons...
  5. bits n pieces

What is this mountain bike?Flea Market Special

Or where is a good mountain bike site i can find some info? Thank you for any help. This bike has ritchey tires and grips, schwinn seat, micro adjust seatpost with built in lock instead of having seat clamp, no seat clamp spot at all on the frame. Shimano hyperdrive derailleur in front, index...
  6. bits n pieces

Hey Ratina! Question for you!

Did you ever finish this bike? If so, please direct me to the thread or send a picture! Thanks a million!
  7. bits n pieces

Scrap Yard Flying Star!New pics added on the 23rd !

This bike wasnt flying when i found it. Here are a few pics. Im still not sure wether to go knlunker or cruiser or mix it. Im going to be running 5 speeds and i welded a brake bridge from a damaged stingray on the rear. The fork is from a jc higgins i had bought. Partially together update...
  8. bits n pieces

My sears spyder and photobucket link to lots more!

This bike has had many different looks. I dont have pictures of all of them. I have had it for almost 20 years now. It was almopst original but missing parts when it was garbage picked. Its gone through a lot since. Im building a brake drum for the rear wheel to be laced in soon. Here are some...
  9. bits n pieces

Flashlight/Horn?

I had a horn, a button and a broken flashlight. I was bored and somehow came up with the idea to join them and make it work.Therees a o ring between the screw on flashlight front that holds the lens and the horn. This thing is loud! Here are the results.I have a mounting bracket on it thats not...
  10. bits n pieces

A few pick ups.

I finally found another spyder in my price range. I made an offer and he took it. Its a beauty but missing original seat, kickstand and original brake cables. I need tires Its hard to find clean original bikes around here for a decent price anymore Heres my first spyder from when i was 10 . It...
  11. bits n pieces

Illinois, Indiana members-Stolen bike

Hi. I know its pointless but this bike was stolen from me a few years ago. It is a hutch windstyler. serial starts m5. I dont remember the rest. It has haro forks, fusion stem, odyssey flying wedge handlebars, layback seatpost. Cheap fan patter spoked rims, tioge sprocket, crm-mo crank etc. It...
  12. bits n pieces

motor trike

I dont think i have any before shots but here is my scrap pile build.
  13. bits n pieces

I need schwinn serial number help.

I was checking the schwinn serial number sheet on bunch o bikes. My serial is on left rear drop out. It is a b161xx . I noticed that there is a b12 for 1952, b17 for 1953, b18 in 1957. I cant find a b16 and dont know what year this bike is. Im guessing one of the later dates but dont know. Any...
  14. bits n pieces

I need to know about shipping.

I have never shipped a whole bike or frame because i dont want to ride 5 miles with a huge box on my handlebars. Is there any one that does c.o.d.? I dont have a credit card, credit, or paypal so i cant print shipping labels or anything of the sorts. I just want to box it, address it, then have...
  15. bits n pieces

I need id help

The silver bike is a ross or so the head badge says. I need to know the model. I think its a balloon tire bike due to the wheel clearance in the frame. I believe the green bike is a columbia but dont know for sure. and then the scrap metal additions are below.
  16. bits n pieces

Why dont schwinn wheels like me?

I have crazy problems going on with most of the schwinn wheels i have owned. I have had all the spokes but 2 bust in a rear wheel at one time. I keep having problems getting the tires to seat right . When i accidentally hit the potholes around here i usually destroy the rear rims and the front...
  17. bits n pieces

What is this home made thing ?

18. bits n pieces

Another new bike site!

Until the language filter is up please dont look if you are under age. You cant control every members attitude. This site is one that my buddy is just starting to build. He is working on the language filter. He cleans up anything that he sees. He really is just throwing out a line and trying to...
  19. bits n pieces

I want to know why?

I laced this wheel myself, i took out the m.t.b. hub and relaced this shimano hub into it. I twisted the spokes, tightened and trued it. I rode the bike for a few weeks. I started hearing noise from the rear wheel.(Loose spokes). Then on the way home, i hit a big pothole, busted a bunch of...
  20. bits n pieces

What is this frame?

Im looking for info and year on this frame. The fork is not original to this bike. Thank you for any info you can help with.Reposted pics for Ratina.
Back