Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. O’Curren Metal Farm

A chop named Shinzo

Here’s this one right side up. I love this part. It looks ridiculous
  2. O’Curren Metal Farm

A chop named Shinzo

Ok what do you think of this front end? The aesthetic flow isn’t what I was wanting but I think functionality is intact. Most of this wasn’t planned much, and kinda just let it find its own way together with the bits and parts at hand.
  3. O’Curren Metal Farm

A chop named Shinzo

And not that I expect there to be super strict enforcement but it’s pretty scratch-built even with some cut up frame bits. The bb and seattube stayed together. The rear triangle was cut off a frame, but it barely had clearance for 2” tire so it got cut apart to widen clearance for at least about...
  4. O’Curren Metal Farm

A chop named Shinzo

Dadgum dadgum. I forgot how the site flips my pics. Except the last one which jumped out of order. Maybe someone knows a technical solution to this? Uploaded from iPhone. On my buildoff thread I tried editing pic on phone to look upside down and then upload but it still was upside down, because...
  5. O’Curren Metal Farm

A chop named Shinzo

I’m trying to get this ready for a friend to take to burning man, I’ve got a ways to go. Siri autocorrecting stuff found the name Shinzo and I think it’s sticking. It’s got some more done that I didn’t take a pic of, but will show where it goes from here later.
  6. O’Curren Metal Farm

Meet the SlankSpeed, a neoretro spacecowboy style klunker mtb

Oh dang where was I... I made the grips from some lock on mtb grips. Used the same leather for seat, grips and frame bag.
  7. O’Curren Metal Farm

Sorry they’re upside down. The rrb site is flipping my images, so I go edit the image upside down and then it loads regular, which is upside down. So I revert image and try to upload again and then it flips it. I’m not doing this all day so if the site wants them upside down then flip your...
  8. O’Curren Metal Farm

It may come as no surprise this isn’t my first bike build, but there were a lot of firsts for me here. This is my first build off entry, and while it might me warm n fuzzy feeling to get a bunch of votes, it ultimately doesn’t matter because it’s already a winner with me. This is my best...
  9. O’Curren Metal Farm

RRBBO13 OMF Coaster Brake Racer 2.0

Top of Nike Missile base, overlooking San Fernando Valley. Some serious fire road cooking was done, over 100 F and and as fast as gravity could pull.
  10. O’Curren Metal Farm

When we doing the voting thing? I vote for this thing. It’s pretty rad.
  11. O’Curren Metal Farm

Here’s the shot of the grip wrap. Glad I did some grip contour in there because the leather really didn’t have traction with my faux leather gloves. Almost scary sometimes, but looks good sittin there
  12. O’Curren Metal Farm

I’m not really sure what I was doing...
  13. O’Curren Metal Farm

There it is with my other two CBC rigs
  14. O’Curren Metal Farm

Yeah! That thing was killer in the dirt. That was a rough lap but nothing shook loose. Thanks to my silly geometry on this thing (and some really amazing tires for this terrain) it climbs like a beast and rips downhill even beastlier.
  15. O’Curren Metal Farm

Oh jeez it still flips it upside down but that’s regular seat height
  16. O’Curren Metal Farm

Yeah I’ve got short legs. Haha no really that’s with the dropper post down. It’s about like a regular mountain bike large. It felt pretty comfortable for the little bit I took out that day, didn’t have much time.
  17. O’Curren Metal Farm

I put it together. Rode it around in the dirt and stuff. It’s rad. So rad.
  18. O’Curren Metal Farm

I had a few days of not getting to any work, but still managed to get some done. The good thing about sewing leather is that it’s easily and cleaner to transfer into the house while I’m watching the kiddo, so I finished up my frame bag! A huge feeling of success for me on such a small little...
  19. O’Curren Metal Farm

Then finally, the first ride. Late at night, feeling sleepy, wearing flip flops, ripped around the yard for like 20 minutes. It feels great. This things gonna rock. Have some more tie bits and extras to finish up but it’s a bike now.
Back