Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

Scrap pile rescue

The train station that I work out of is doing its annual clearout if the bike parking areas - Bikes are marked with tape. And if the tape isn't removed within X amout of time, the bike gets scrapped. On my way home Thursday I went by the scrap pile, and something interesting caught my eye. I...
  2. K

Trek Singletrack 950

I picked this one up last year to use as a parts donor for another bike I ended up going with other parts for the other bike. So I brought the Trek to my summer house as an Easter holiday project, so I can have something decent to ride up there. Almost done. I plan on replacing the...
  3. K

1998 Schwinn Moab 1

This year's winter bike, which I got at a great price from the original owner. Right after I brought it home: Flipped stem + Flite ti: 3T stem/bars + Ritchey grips
  4. K

Stuck seat post

Stuck seat post? Fill the seat tube with drain cleaner, give up after a couple of weeks, and rediscover it a few months later...
  5. K

1995 Sunn Vertik 2

Once again my first proper bike has begun to look and feel a bit too ratty. And this time I have decided to do a complete rebuild. So I thought I would make a thread here to document the process. The project will most likely cost way more than the bike is worth. But you can't put a price on...
  6. K

Hi from Copenhagen, Denmark

I just bought a slow, heavy bike, and intend to modify it quite a bit. So I thought this would be the right place to document my progress. The bike is a new-ish Schwinn Heavy Duti, and my plan is to replace pretty much everything but the frame and fenders. I'll probably start a build thread when...
Back