Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

What have you been riding lately?

My Trek 950 cruiser build at Roskilde Festival. Biking is so much easier and faster than walking between my camp in the swamp, and the closed volunteer camping area with the clean, free showers. And with a speaker on the handlebar I can listen to Snoop Dogg on the way 😎
  2. K

Cockpit shots only

3. K

Cockpit shots only

4. K

My favourite bike down to one of my favourite spots
  5. K

What's cooking?

We only had a couple of vans for deliveries, and a small box truck for supplies. So nothing more than the building is made for. I appreciate the kudos, although that's not what I'm in it for (says the man, hypocritically, when he flaunts his charity-work on a bike forum). I just like to cook...
  6. K

What's cooking?

Leftovers from my yearly volunteer gig where we cook 1100+ traditional Christmas dinners, and deliver them to homeless shelters, addiction centres and the like. A duck leg, two slices of pork roast, extra crackling, potatoes, sauce and braised red cabbage: We were lucky to borrow an almost...
  7. K

Alfa Laughter

The EU is, essentially, a single market for consumers: Prices are similar; Large shops pay VAT to the country of the buyer; Shipping may take a bit longer than domestic (not in Denmark, though - Postal Arseholes Aargh...etc.). Quite similar to the US, but easier, I think.
  8. K

Small road bikes

52 cm. Battaglin. Wicked fast, but too small for me, and very dangerous in urban rush-hour traffic (too many curb jumps for the 23c tyres, and skinny rims).
  9. K

The Weight Loss Thread

Weight loss = energy consumed < energy spent. So eating less, and moving more should do the trick. Simple, right? ;) (but not always easy!). Unless weight is a serious health issue, I think that changing habits is a better course than dieting - To me most diets seem torturous, and as soon as I...
  10. K

Took the summer house cruiser for a grocery run last night. Stopped for some relaxy-time at the beach on the way home.
  11. K

Bikes I likes

The pics made my head hurt for a few minutes. But after reading the text (understanding it better than I expected to, not having used my French lessons for anything since high school), and looking a bit closer, I think I get it. And it's a pretty cool (and very French) design. Rétropédalage...
  12. K

Bikes on bridges

13. K

Bikes on bridges

14. K

What is the most high end bike you own

Many a mickle makes a muckle. Just going from LX to Tune ti wheel skewers saved 68g. (yes I weighed them). Tyres, tubes, and pedals made the biggest difference.
  15. K

What is the most high end bike you own

Mission accomplished as of August last year. 9.7kg.
  16. K

Anyone else have an irrational fear of stray dogs?

Good advice. Most dogs are good boys as long as you have a treat in your pocket. If you meet one of the few that aren't, remain calm and assertive and stand your ground. If that doesn't work, get on your bike and haul ..... In my 29+6 years I've had one bad encounter with a dog. And that was...
Back