Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Bdogg

schwinn heavy duti custom or stock

Mine. F&F from Chuck!
  2. Bdogg

Ode to the Bottom Bracket

If I remember right, you put as many bearings as possible, less one.
  3. Bdogg

Ode to the Bottom Bracket

I can remember when I first started building and repairing bikes in my teens, we never used caged bearings. They were always loose bearings set in grease. Does anyone still do this? I can see where the increased surface area of more bearings would take more loading.
  4. Bdogg

Summer Build Off?

I know a couple strippers that could take the chrome off a bumper hitch!!
  5. Bdogg

Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

Great looking bike, Irideiam!! I can't believe how much the Humu frame looks like the Schwinn Heavy Duti. I'll post up a couple pictures of the HD I'm building.
  6. Bdogg

Axle Nuts

Shimano CB110E
  7. Bdogg

Axle Nuts

I'm pretty sure the axles are 3/8 x 26tpi, as they are solid axles. I'm going to pick up a tap and clean up the threads and see how that works. Really sucks, as they are brand new chrome nuts with the swivel washers. Thanks for the chart, Rusty.
  8. Bdogg

Axle Nuts

Okay, I've tried 3/8 x 24 and 26 pitch washered nuts. The 3/8 x 26 is close, but only thread on a few threads before they feel wrong. I don't see anything in a 10MM x ? available. Anyone?
  9. Bdogg

Worksman 29er

Not sure yet, running 175 crank arms with size 13 shoe. Have a feeling I'll have to make sure my foot is planted to the rear of the pedals:crazy:
  10. Bdogg

Worksman 29er

Got this one from Chuck a few months back and finally getting close to being ready for paint. Stretching the Chain and Seat stays. Almost there Stock Fork. The 29x2.25 just clears! Brake Bridge
  11. Bdogg

1967 Huffy Rail

I'll try and get a pic up this weekend. Thanks.:happy:
  12. Bdogg

1967 Huffy Rail

Wildcat, I just picked up what looks like a 26" Coastal Cruiser frame. The number on the dropout is 4H468011. Would that make it a '64?
  13. Bdogg

Worksman 29er

More photos of the mods. Running 29x2.35 Schawlbe Racing Ralph's for mock-up, but that might change.
  14. Bdogg

Worksman 29er

I bought this frame and fork from ind-chuckz a month or so ago and just wanted to update my progress on my "Worksman 29er". Here's the start of the chain and seat stay mods.
  15. Bdogg

Hanging Bikes

And I thought I had a problem!! Nice collection A.S.!!
  16. Bdogg

Hanging Bikes

Thanks, guys. I didn't think it would hurt, but I heard others comment it would stretch the wheel out of round. I can't imagine that if my svelt 282lbs. didn't do it, hanging a 40-50lb bike would. I hung them from the rear wheel, alternating them with the bars one way then the other. I don't...
  17. Bdogg

Hanging Bikes

To those with too many bikes. (I know there are none of you out there!!) Do any of you hang your bikes from just the rear wheel? I'm getting ready for the end of the season and putting up my seldom used and projects in my backyard shed. Any concerns with hanging them from hooks by only the rear...
  18. Bdogg

SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

Not sure it will be staying black. Depends on how she looks when it arrives.
Back