Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. freederix

One of two

Twenty has 3 gears and dynohub front. I also have wheels with 3 gears and drum brake.
  2. freederix

One of two

Hard choice for WB. In one corner raleigh twenty on the other corner folding bike (puzzles at the moment). I have a plan to clean and clear coat raleigh leaving original paintjob as is. For folding bike - I have duomatix hub - (two gear with kickback switch and coaster brake) it will make...
  3. freederix

Italian Job

build: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/italian-job.109048/#post-1110758 Frame made by Mario Peloso - Italian frame master from Alessandria who build this frame some time in late 60's. I bought this frame as a 'nice road frame to make a nice road bike' I start my research what...
  4. freederix

Italian job.

I need someone with proper camera to take some photos when I finish all...
  5. freederix

Italian job.

Big step forward. Yesterday I started leather handlebar wrap. Cut two leather straps, add some color and stitch... and stitch... more stitch. cut my thumb, stitch, cut another finger... 6 hours later steering mounted. bike nearly finished. Some decals on frame already some more need to be...
  6. freederix

Italian job.

build re-named. Thank you for suggestion
  7. freederix

Italian job.

Tubular tires glued on and ready to roll.
  8. freederix

Italian job.

Last set of wheels is campagnolo record hubs with Nisi rims. pure italian job. and it is 28" (700) At the moment tubular tires are glued in and pumped. Waiting for set of Peloso stickers to come from Italy. I have waterslide paper to print campagnolo stickers.
  9. freederix

Italian job.

Head badge.
  10. freederix

Italian job.

Shaping out. Still a lot of work to do.
  11. freederix

Italian job.

Painting. I decide to go with green. Still thinking if I should paint head tube white.
  12. freederix

Italian job.

I got this custom made frame some time ago. I was about to build nice modern road bike. But... After investigation with help from other bike forum and some people in Italy I find out that this frame was built by frame master Mario Peloso from Alessandria in Italy. Frame was made sometime in...
  13. freederix

RRBBO13 ♠♣♦♥'SIMPATICO'♥♦♣♠

I have Royal Enfield built in India... its really great paint job. My grandfather was a oldschool grafic designer and book maker. in a "best" times of communism/soviet occupation in Poland he couldnt get lined notebooks for kids for school so he hand made them. draving all the lines with his...
  14. freederix

I'm in Ireland :bigsmile:
  15. freederix

I imagined guy with little brush and steady hand... but tape is the way to go.
  16. freederix

Any tips on painting gold strips? black bike is just a black bike... but black bike with gold strips make vintage look.
  17. freederix

RRBBO13 Lucky 13 - She's Done

For next build (or maybe even this one) try some different wheel lacing pattern (three leading- three trailing maybe?)
  18. freederix

Fixed Gears Are Dumb! The Story Of My 1981 Voyageur

Do not build and use your first fixie without brakes (normal lever operated) - both brakes front and back. experienced rider can stop with no brakes other than pedals but as first timer you need both brakes. I know that aesthetic of bike may suffer - you can remove them later on (check as well...
  19. freederix

Fixed Gears Are Dumb! The Story Of My 1981 Voyageur

Find fixie hub that have thread on both sides and make fixed ring on one side and freewheel on the other. if you get tired with pedaling you can always flip the wheel to make single speed.
Back