Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 383Camino

Patriotic muscle build

I was dreaming of this exact combination this morning. Its as good as I imagined!
  2. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

Holy smokes is this nice.
  3. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

Hey long time no talk or progress! Parts are coming in, including this stylish crank set and sprocket. The price was right and I think it looks cool. Sealed bearing bottom bracket in coming maybe tomorrow, so that is exciting. Thanks for noticing. 🙂
  4. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

Well that’s great to know! The bike is back together now that everything is straightened out. It’s a fun strider 29” bike now.
  5. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

That’s what the man said. I ran away.
  6. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

I’ve known the rear of the frame was bent and that fact had been looming over me in a mild capacity. The other night I finally stepped up and took it all apart, stuck it in the vise and moved the seat stays around ‘til they were lined up properly. While it was apart, I found the rear axle was...
  7. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

Found the perfect handlebars in the shed, and scored a GT piston style stem on eBay. Notice it’s a 1 1/8” threadless; not a mistake!
  8. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

Thank you for the kind words! I’ve never done a 3-piece either, but the promise of less weight and smoother operation is winning me over.
  9. 383Camino

Sears Spyder 500s

I can’t stand it when ape hangers etc are tipped back like this. 😁
  10. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

A 27” kickstand is a good idea! More than likely I’ll try that or just stretch the original ’stand accordingly.
  11. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

New wheels are a lot larger than the stock 26s! Looks cool. Kickstand is too short.
  12. 383Camino

Sears Spyder 500s

Its been a good while since I had a fresh find, but today's matched pair of Spyder 500 24" muscle bikes has got me buzzing. No front brakes but both rim AND drum brake on both is pretty wild, and of course those handlebars! What do you guys think?!
  13. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

Yes! 3-piece conversion seems interesting and a good fit for this bike. The Sunlite one looks like a winner.
  14. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

Here’s a big step forward in the project! 700C donor will give up its wheels, fork and who knows what else. 🤭
  15. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

Yeah, that surely crossed my mind. I tried to find the crustiest one so I wouldn't feel bad about making a hot rod out of it. Hopefully you still like it by the end. :)
  16. 383Camino

Pro Touring '62 Schwinn

I've been dreaming of putting this bike together to better keep up with my wife's 700C Specialized, and this Build Off is the perfect catalyst to settle down and do it. Found at a swap meet, this 1962 double straight bar beauty was evidently yard art at one point. Its the only bike I've...
  17. 383Camino

Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

I finally found a backwards fork of my own!
  18. 383Camino

Schwinn Lil Tiger seat

What size seat post do these accept? Also, length and width?
  19. 383Camino

Schwinn Lil Tiger seat

I've been watching those for a while now; might be what I end up doing!
  20. 383Camino

Roadmaster AMF Jet ladies

I don't really know what to do with this thing. It needs to be gone through if you want to ride it. Is anyone into this complete or parted out? Located in Sioux Falls SD, will ship on your dime.
Back