Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. grob23

Single Speed Chainline Help!

Just to clear things up a bit. My front chainring is 1/8 SS specific, and my rear is a BMX cassette cog. I shouldn't have any real problem with the chain derailing as long as my chainline is as straight as I can get it... In my crazy logic, it would make sense to order the 113mm. I'd have a...
  2. grob23

I've read all of Sheldon's stuff, and can honestly say I learned ALOT I'm a somewhat sketchy bike builder, and can look past the best possible option for what simply works. I don't have the original cranks to measure (They have been donated to a program at the prison. They refurbish bikes and...
  3. grob23

***Disclaimer: This is not a fixie. I am in no way a Hipster. No coffee shops, or dubstep, or glasses, or PBR. Though, I DON'T hate, I thought I'd get that outta the way...*** I guess my chain is a bit Hipster-esque... oh well, it was cheap For the longest time, I've been building bicycles...
  4. grob23

What's the most common type of bike you see in your area?

in my worthless excuse for a town, the bikes I see being ridden the most are department store FULL suspension MTB's. Followed closely by BMX's. Old people rarely ride around here Road bikes are scarce This town has no scene, nor mountains... which makes the fact that MTB's are so dang popular...
  5. grob23

Cruiser/Road bike hybrid

Yes, Hills are scarce... but I'm not a "serious" rider by any means, and even the slightest elevation can throw my rhythm off... I think I've decided against converting my Columbia... though I way end up looking to a bike with gears before too long; they just seem too convienient and nice
  6. grob23

Cruiser/Road bike hybrid

thank you for posting that thread! I found it a while back, but I've been away for a while... I think I'm goin to start slingin wrenches and swappin parts tomorrow, even in the heat... I'll be sure to post progress pics
  7. grob23

The Good the Cheap and the Argyle...

Those fenders turned out awesome! And I usually don't like fenders... lovin the light too
  8. grob23

I'm thinking....

For the price, the Cranbrook is actually decent. I swapped the wheels from one onto my Columbia. I love em! Not to mention it came with white walls... 8) I bought my dad a cranbrook, added a couple lights, and it works perfect, no complaints...
  9. grob23

Cruiser/Road bike hybrid

I just got home from a jaunt around town on my ol faithful Columbia, and immediately began thinking of ways to "improve my ride" I currently have my columbia set up as a Cruiser. The run of the mill wide tires, wide seat, and wide bars. Though, the kind of riding I do doesn't exactly involve...
  10. grob23

Not black red or primer bikes

How about Orange? It's a factory color...
  11. grob23

Felt Carhartt theme.

Looks Awesome I'm lovin those bars!
  12. grob23

What makes you smile?

My Bike Beer RC Cars Loud Music Red Wheels on a Flat Black Vehicle
  13. grob23

RCC - ver. 1.0 & 2.0!

It has nothing to do with the looks, but loose the fenders (and the rack...). It would make it looks sleek(er), but either way, it's an awesome lookin bike!
  14. grob23

I found a few older pics of past builds...

Awesome bikes! I especially like the probe...
  15. grob23

A few rats from Kansas

AWESOME TRIKE! I was searchin the net and saw a chopper BIcycle that was built with a car wheel/tire, thought it would look cool as a trike... well, you proved it DOES Keep it Kansas -G-Rob
  16. grob23

Monark "The Monster"-New Parts

Re: Monark "The Monster" Bike looks awesome! Any plans for paint? It looks dang good even without paint IMO OH, and nice D-Nasty! 8)
  17. grob23

Le vélovale

j'aime beacoup!
  18. grob23

My Typhoon

I've got that same brake light on my Columbia... your bike looks sweet! keep it up!
  19. grob23

Work in progress.

beer can speedo, flat paint, pbr sticker, and googley eyes? now that my friend is an amazing bike!
  20. grob23

Collegiate

front fender looks sick! Overall nice Job
Back