Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Karl von Köln

SOLD Springer Fork (Paintable - not chrome)

UPDATE: this springer fork has been sold. Thanks go out to all who've looked and possibly helped spread the word. ~ KvK
  2. Karl von Köln

UPDATE/HEADS-UP: a friend on a different forum has requested my address to mail a money order, including the shipping cost for his zip. I will be updating this thread when I receive it.
  3. Karl von Köln

You'll need top and bottom bearings, and washers and top nut. But they're all standard 1" and easy to come by. I'm selling just what is in the picture. That's all it came with when I bought it originally. I'm afraid I do not currently have any extra head set fixtures to add in. Sorry.
  4. Karl von Köln

BUMP: still available, but a few have expressed interest. No payment arrangements have been made yet.
  5. Karl von Köln

Yes, still available. I'm trying to reach biggraham since he expressed interest, but I think he may have either lost interest or he might be busy and everyday stuff got in the way. But I try to let people know - the fork goes to whomever sends me money first. If you're interested also, feel...
  6. Karl von Köln

I hadn't heard anything since the PM I sent. I thought I should check and see if you were still interested? Hope I haven't caught you at a busy time.
  7. Karl von Köln

PSA: don't know if I mentioned - please be sure you have measured your head tube AND your headset spacers and locknut before you buy. Buying this fork and coming up short would suck.
  8. Karl von Köln

Not quite a bicycle, but it is motorized... And crusty

That Pinto is an awesome ride. Myself, I had an old Puch Magnum that I was going to fiddle with, but somebody stole it before I could. But if I could have gotten hold of one of these, I'd have bought one. It's pretty sweet.
  9. Karl von Köln

Screaming Rabbit Air Bike

It certainly is interesting. Wouldn't want to wear a scarf with this thing though.
  10. Karl von Köln

I tried the upload file. Should be working now I think.
  11. Karl von Köln

I am selling a Springer Fork for a 26 inch wheel. I cannot use it with my current frame; I've had it in storage for years, no rust whatsoever, practically new (since I haven't been able to use it). It was black when purchased, I have painted it red - before I found out it wouldn't fit. I'm...
  12. Karl von Köln

Growler/Howler bike carrier

I didn't retire after the accident. Can't pedal as long as I'd like now, so I just added a motor to help out. Yep, I'm a daft, ol' bike person.
  13. Karl von Köln

Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Having motorized my Higgins in the style of an early motorbike, I wanted to make an old-school-looking fake carbide headlamp to match. I made the body of the headlamp from cutting down a stainless steel toilet brush holder I got from Walmart. The vent is the top of stainless sunglasses case...
  14. Karl von Köln

'48 Higgins, modified w/2-stroke:

It's surprisingly comfortable. I was doubtful when I first got it. This leather is about 1/4 inch thick. So I thought it would be hard as a rock. But it's not; with the springs it's nearly as good as the gel-padded seat I had on my previous pedal-bike. I like it. I can go for some long...
  15. Karl von Köln

~?What Else Do You Collect ?~

I'm a nerd and a geek. I collect weird stuff. > Old coins, American and foreign > combat-grade swords > antique knives > crossbows (I happen to be pretty good with them, if I do say so.) > ancient astronomical and time-related technology (an astrolabe, compass sundial, ring dial, universal ring...
  16. Karl von Köln

Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

I think that's how it will read. Here in Indy, they wrote up some new motor-vehicle laws regarding motorized vehicles of 49cc and up. And they put a procedure in place to get a "special VIN" for customized vehicles that do not come with a VIN (like bicycles).
  17. Karl von Köln

Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

Update: I think I found confirmation on my guess of the year 1948. I needed the correct year to get this build licensed in Indiana as a "Class B motorized bicycle" so I wanted to be pretty positive on the year. Like I mentioned above, the bike is badged as a JC Higgins, but the "505" model...
  18. Karl von Köln

New here, from Indianapolis:

When I was first putting her together I did. But I kind of like the way it looks now.
  19. Karl von Köln

Hemi Hawthorne

Wow Magz! You got it goin' on there. I'm Allen_Wrench on the other forum. I'm just getting a peek at the Hawthorne over here.
  20. Karl von Köln

Hobbies your bike helped you get back into

Well, it got me back into brazing and helped me get better at that. It was also a chance to refresh my skills at metal-fabricating in general. I started welding. I honed my skills at "re-purposing" odds, ends, scrap, and junk. Oh, and I got way better at lacing rims (but it's still a pain in...
Back