Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Dizzle Problems

ORBO Nostalgic Contemporary

Bars, grips, seatpost, and saddle installed. Rides pretty nice! I’ll get better pics soon.
  2. Dizzle Problems

Had a chance today to get the wheels on. Ended up needing to use a half link, lucked out that the chain came with one. This set up does put the rear wheel pretty far back in the drops. Hoping that’ll hold up ok. Without the half link the rear axle was in a nice spot, but the nubs on the tires...
  3. Dizzle Problems

Came out great. Looks super capable.
  4. Dizzle Problems

Whoa! That came out awesome!! The nobby nics look so good on there! Converted to disc? I feel like that era of Schwinns gets overlooked. I have one from around then that has cantilever tabs and was spaced for gears. Edit: here’s a pic-
  5. Dizzle Problems

Thank you. The wheelset/ rims were the main reason for the build. I have a lot of 26 and 29 bikes, this’ll be my only 27.5.
  6. Dizzle Problems

Spokes for the rear arrived. Got the rear wheel laced up. Diggin how this wheelset turned out. I’m going to need to do some cleaning to the inside of this rim. Looks like a previous owner may have used duct tape to set it up tubeless.
  7. Dizzle Problems

Waiting for rear spokes to arrive I poked through some boxes to find some items I’ll need to finish. Hoping the ‘no drop’ KMC chain will work out. For the 27.5 wheel to fit in the frame, it has to sit back a little in the drop out. If not, I’ll have to swap to a normal chain with a half link...
  8. Dizzle Problems

VDC Cruiser bars question

I don’t know the exact angle, but they do have a little bit of up sweep. I’ve owned 8 or so pairs and they were pretty consistent. They’re really just like the normal steel cruiser bars of the era with a cross bar and aluminum. I also have a red pair for sale on the museum
  9. Dizzle Problems

Yup! Made by Proper — https://www.ratherproper.com/store/p2/HubAdapter.html
  10. Dizzle Problems

I had been some what concerned about tire clearance with the 27.5 wheels. Got the front tire mounted and did some test fitting. Happy I went with the 2.0 tires now.
  11. Dizzle Problems

Chamfered the brake shoes and messed around with some neon paint earlier this week. Got the hub back together today. What I was waiting for for the rear hub arrived today. Flange adapters to run a 32 hole rim on a 36 hole shimano coaster. Got em bolted on. I’ll check through my spokes and see if...
  12. Dizzle Problems

Making slow progress while I wait for some small bits to come in. Getting the coaster prepared. (High temp grease not pictured) The spokes arrived for the front wheel, so laced it up. Kinda silly, but I’ve been wanting to build a wheelset with colored nipples that are put in at random. Silver...
  13. Dizzle Problems

So, the frame had a slight bend in the drive side seatstay. (That I failed to take a pic of). And the rear was slightly outta wack. Spaced at 115mm. I got it straightened out and installed the headset, fork, stem, and bb adapter. I need to order some different headset spacers. Also laced on a...
  14. Dizzle Problems

No intentional flex, ha. Those ringle hubs can be found on eBay for 20-30 bucks. The Kos was out because I need to change a flat. The straight bar has a little bend in the drive side seatstay, which has the rear triangle slightly out of straight sitting at 115mm. I’ll do some frame alignment...
  15. Dizzle Problems

Yea. Straight bar is the way to go for this one. Kinda cool the previous owner had a frame bag on it that left makings as I too have a straight bar frame bag. I think the p2 fork without Canti mounts looks best for this build too. Gathering parts. First is the stuff to put the fork and...
  16. Dizzle Problems

Thank you. I agree. I have a lead on a titanium Merlin that takes a 1” fork that I think I’ll hold them for. And definitely go with a fatter tire. Here are the two frames I’m between for this project. Leaning towards the 1940 straight bar.
  17. Dizzle Problems

I already had ordered some tires for the soon to be wheels. They were cheap on eBay, so I jumped on them. Only 2.0 wide, but I’m not sure if I’m going to use a middleweight frame, or a ballooner. I figure these would fit either.
  18. Dizzle Problems

Aka retro modern. Typically when I build, I aim to keep things era specific. Mainly late 70s - early 80s style builds. In an effort to push myself outside of that zone, I’m going to go with what these days is a common occurrence. Old frame, ‘modern’ bits. This will be a coaster brake bike...
  19. Dizzle Problems

Anyone have a "BMXed" out cruiser 5 or klunker 5?

https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/dad-bike-2-0.118478/ This kinda fits what you’re asking about.
Back