Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Lengthening a skip tooth chain

Building a ratted out a prewar Monark skip tooth bike. I retrofitted the rear wheel with an 11-tooth clog with Fat Franks tires. Now my 54-link chain is really short. Can I add links to what I have? Any other suggestions? Also looking for a vintage seat let me know if you have one for sale.
  2. R

Branded label Bikes

I have a question for anyone who is willing to answer it for me. I have a lead on a “General” badged labeled bike by Monark. It appears to me that it is the same bicycle as the Monark Rocket. My question is since it is a private labeled bike is it worth less than the Rocket? If it is the same...
  3. R

Very Cool Ratted Out 24" Roadmaster Saturn Bicycle

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272312190467?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 Built in the early 60's check out the star sprocket. New Brooke inspired seat with nice thick leather (.170") New Coke Bottle Grips, These are a nice modern interpretation of a classic grip. They are a...
  4. R

Top coat for a leather seat.

I just dye a leather seat and it came out really well. Now I need to top coat it with something to protect it, any suggestions? Shellac maybe?
  5. R

Wheel axle question (front is ¼" and rear is ⅜")

New to bike builds and I have been posting questions and getting very good advice from you guys and now I have another question. Quick back-story…working on an early 60’s 24” Road Master Saturn. The bike is in need of replacing the 24” wheels and I have posted in the wanted section in hopes of...
  6. R

What do the terms lightweight, middleweight, heavyweight mean?

Okay I have a question. As I read through the various post posts I often come across terms like lightweight, middleweight, etc. What do these terms they mean?
  7. R

Rat Rod aesthetic question

Rat Rod aesthetic question. I am new to rat rod bike builds and I have a question as to how far to take a build. I just purchased a bike that is has a nice patina. But do will I take away the aesthetic by mixing it up with newer parts like a new seat, wheels, crank, etc. I do not believe the...
  8. R

Rat Rod aesthetic question

Rat Rod aesthetic question. I am new to rat rod bike builds and I have a question as to how far to take a build. I just purchased a bike that is has a nice patina. But will I take away the aesthetic by mixing it up with newer parts like a new seat, wheels, crank, etc. I do not believe the bike...
Back