Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. el Diablo Guapo

Swing-ee Thing-ee Ree-visited

Finally got a couple of hours to do this mod- I like how it came out! Cut 'er off, then just clamped it up to get an idea of the stance better fit= easier
  2. el Diablo Guapo

Swing-ee Thing-ee Ree-visited

Completed mod- re-build starts below this is how i built the bike years back, but i have been looking at the "real" swing bike and I am gonna update mine note the small (12.5") front wheel, angled head/butt and banana seat - I m doin all that got the little wheel, gonna rake that head next
  3. el Diablo Guapo

CLASS 2 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 2 FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

Voted! And congrats to the leaders, they are great builds! Actually, there are a lot of great builds, and finishing one is a feat in itself, so good job on finishing I am surprised that my favorite(s) are not leading, but then again... did I mention Bon scott from AC/DC is my favorite...
  4. el Diablo Guapo

CLASS 1 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 1 FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

Just voted, waited til the end Even more than any particular bike, I like the spirit of particiation here at RRB, and that people DO to their level of ability, as skills and tooling permit. This is an interesting thread! I both get @SILVERKINGPC 's comment(s) AND people's reactions to it...
  5. el Diablo Guapo

Woke to 90 nph wind then...

At least it fell away from th house!
  6. el Diablo Guapo

More NOS frames from the dump.

Oh. man! that is so cool! What an amazing starting point for whatever happens next!
  7. el Diablo Guapo

Building headstock, yokes, etc from scratch

Haha, my bad Karl! I am makin' fun of myself, I am bound to wind up doin' the very thing I thought I would not do I think this will be an awesome build, steel is good, free steel better still (availabilty is still good), and your planning makes me wish I would remember to do some! Good luck...
  8. el Diablo Guapo

Fantastic New Guy

Welcome and have fun Pictures, pictures....
  9. el Diablo Guapo

Somehow square just feels "wrong" to me on bikes, tho i agree with the rotated comment So now i will, obviously, be building a square tube bike (too) in the near future! haha! Thanks HP, N13, & Karl !
  10. el Diablo Guapo

Distracting yourself instead of hawking these polls

Reeeeeeeallly. I had not noticed... /s
  11. el Diablo Guapo

Agree for sure and N13's idea for one of these < pulling one of these > on either (diagonal) side of a square tube sounds like a winner to me - if the assembly "slips" you can adjust curb height at run-time, (then cut off the top- but your design/measurements are obviously thought out) if it...
  12. el Diablo Guapo

Distracting yourself instead of hawking these polls

Hey! Are you married to my wife? ! ?
  13. el Diablo Guapo

Don't tell my 3 orthopedic surgeons I am here...

Hello and welcome! Your detailed story, helps to understand your goals and reasoning/requirements- I will jump in to with a couple o' thoughts there is a type of pedal called "bare foot" pedals that might work- but may only fit single piece cranks or I once made some smooth pedals by...
  14. el Diablo Guapo

Pics of my LocoJoe EZ Cantilever frame chop

Thanks LocoJoe! It is a fun little tweak, and I appreciate you sharing it. Once I saw it, I knew I had to try it. It is a great model, and I see myself using in the future
  15. el Diablo Guapo

Loose bearing cup in wheel hub

Yeah. I see the race/cup, but I have no idea how that is held in there, but I can definitely see the seam Sheldon brown?
  16. el Diablo Guapo

Uhhhh, yeaaaaah. special-T wrench prolly. Beyond my Wally-world - Haha! Oddly, my cheap bike's innards usually show almost no wear... some are barely dirty
  17. el Diablo Guapo

my center punch barely left a mark - ha! But yep this was my basic plan good to know there is a product for this. If you look closely at the pic of the hub you can see some bearings inside the hub!
  18. el Diablo Guapo

I can totally see the cup in/on your example Flare out the the fins on this, then just fit it in, then bang 'er out the flip side is easier, the tool fits better...
Back