Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. DrHax

The Morgal Flyer! Aka DrHax's Steampunk Firestone Motorbike ( Front welded up.)

Life is pulling the getting in the way card. Between issues at work getting a mortgage and working hard four ten hour days, the recent heat wave.. Sigh. I hate not being able to work on it.
  2. DrHax

Good news the seller of the parts that fedex lost will be issuing me a refund. I just hope they honour his claim! Nothing done today on the bike. We cleaned up our pile barn (my name for our pole barn) so I got space to work now on it. I also welded up an old garden hose holder to the side of...
  3. DrHax

1/4th that's what I want to hear. Because then I could get some brass braided fuel line. My brain has been thinking of ways to solve the fuel delivery problem I am convinced is going to be an issue with this tank. Simply put, the original tank was designed to be mounted at a 45 degree angle...
  4. DrHax

Build Off 11 Highlight Thread

Aluminum mig welds never look that nice. They're always a bit off and not pretty.
  5. DrHax

Flobar 1937 (Wingbar/Flocycle) FINISHED! ! !

Those speedo/gooseneck things are awesome. I wish I had something like that for my build. Granted I would leave it rough cast:39: I don't know I just like that raw look :crazy:
  6. DrHax

Funnily enough a biker friend of mine needs a part welded up for his bike. I feel this welder wasn't used by a chopper guy it is the source of it all.:eek: Eh I can live with this:thumbsup: No progress update on the bike today.:20: Worked my butt off at work today.I find it funny how I go to...
  7. DrHax

Build Off 11 Highlight Thread

I find it interesting how widely spaced out those aluminum TIG welds are. They must have been using a massive rod and been trained to dip it on the knifes edge of melting through:eek: (Using a larger filler rod and dipping it in will rapidly cool down a puddle. And can even freeze it!)
  8. DrHax

Be an easy fix to just eliminate that issue. I found my bundle of TIG rods so I'm good to go!
  9. DrHax

I welded both sides on them so they're a very strong weld. I had to straighten them out a bit and the welds didn't give at all.
  10. DrHax

Well since I can't see my fiancee I decided it was best to go work on the bike. I was having a heck of a time figuring out what to make the front drop outs out of. I don't have any good steel lying around. How the heck will I find a piece of metal to attach a front wheel to a bicycle!:confused...
  11. DrHax

Now I have some choices to make.. I originally wanted to have this build run some very nice fenders and skirts.. Classy nice and won't throw my soviet overcoatwith me against the pavement screaming... but due to FEDEX that doesn't seem it's going to be an option!:mad: No i'm not bitter or a...
  12. DrHax

ELGIN DECOLUXE

I like the mesh. Gives it something behind it all. I think it adds to it personally.
  13. DrHax

One-Liner.... Now in FINISHED BIKES thread !

I had no idea there was a bicycle show in that place. Jeez I'm a stone lob away from blaine...:( I do like the reversed springs on the springer. Looks more like a motorcycle front end then anything else!:113:
  14. DrHax

The vintage firestone american steel was strong and thick meaning this buzz box loved it. (90 amps did the trick)The murray chinese steel, however, wasn't playing nice with the apple pie loving capitalist steel. Also the chinese steel was much thinner on the murray section meaning I had to do a...
  15. DrHax

Progress progress and guess what? Potatoes noo_O Progress! But in what? Welding of course!:crazy: Some of them ain't pretty but that's why flap wheels exist:grin: The BB weld you saw earlier this how it lines up. I used the largest weldable steel rods they had and cut it to size. I welded onto...
  16. DrHax

So I'm a welder. I have it as a job and I went to school for it (And slaved away every night for it.) I love it too. Welding doesn't feel like work to me. So that being said here is the welding post. You saw the carnage. You saw the maniac slices. Now how the heck is he going to get humpity...
  17. DrHax

Nothing is a better motivator then PURE DETERMINATION! (Mixed 1 part rage to 3 parts determination.) So I've been all talk and no go on this forum for awhile (Can tell by the lack of replies to my thread.) So here we go *cracks knuckles* I've been outside since 5.... Yupe soon after I posted...
  18. DrHax

Screw it the fenders and my 135 are lost to the wind... what ever I still need to get this bike done. It ticks me off to no end that only time fed ex screws up is with something rare and arguably valuable. I opened up a ticket on it so hopefully a inquiry from the sender and the receiver causes...
  19. DrHax

What do you do when you are waiting for parts?

I have the ultimate waiting on parts situation. I have a critical.. VITAL part of my build pending delivery status via fedex.. it's been 11 days. So now I'm just twiddling my thumbs praying to my gods that it shows up at all!:( I personally write when I'm not working on my cars... (or being a...
  20. DrHax

My brake cable came in. It's hard to be excited:( idk guys just having those parts go missing threw a monkey wrench into everythung:cry: I hope they find it. Why couldn't have they lost something from eBay instead?:envy:
Back