Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. HOOSIERCYCLES

Schwinn Collegiate !?!?

Don't know what to make of the rerelease of the Collegiate, Collegiate really... that's what Pacific dreamed up. What about King Sting, Paramount or even AirDyne. I like what they have done with krate lineup, Phantom but believe they missed the mark. Pacific needs to checkout what's...
  2. HOOSIERCYCLES

Strandie Cruiser BMX?

Really like the Strand Cruiser look with hint of BMX, got to have a freewheel. Latest is a speedster Schwinn frame.
  3. HOOSIERCYCLES

BRASS KNUCKLES

I Submit the BRASS KNUCKLES started life as a 50-60 something women's Firestone. I thoroughly enjoyed the process and fellowship here on Rat Rods Forum. All componets were slavaged parts except the brass knukels and BB conversion Frame/fork Firestone Womens converted deconstruted and...
  4. HOOSIERCYCLES

Worksman Industrial Waste Build

Local Bike Co-Op holding a Worksman Klunker Ride if a few weeks, I had a partial bike so putting a ride together. I don't know much about Worksman this looks to have been basic model. I will be using single free wheel so need brakes. Brazed U-Brake bosses donated from a BMX bike, I mock...
  5. HOOSIERCYCLES

Fairdale TAG 26 Builds?

My next build after completing current project is a TAG26 Frame and Fork , all else will be mid school parts accumulated over the years, scored a nice 1983 wheel set off a MTB Suzue high flange hubs w/ Araya 7x rims. Anyone else put a Fairdale together?
  6. HOOSIERCYCLES

Would these be consider Strandies?

I am unsure how to classify my Schwinn Cruiser or my Magna MTB converted to a cruiser they are both geared. The Magna was found in a junk pile painted except the chain stays, once I started stripping paint discovered chrome underneath, I am a sucker for chrome. Added fork and bullnose bars 3...
  7. HOOSIERCYCLES

Brass Knuckles

1st build off. Starting with conversion maybe a bit too much but if I can put back straight will be a nice ride. Had the frame idea for a while now I don't have an excuse not to finish
  8. HOOSIERCYCLES

Schwinn Aerovane build

I couldn't resist a Cruiser build when I saw The Aerovane Review, the frame is perfect old school look, Kept frame ditched everything else, wanted to do cheap and easy, sunlite fork direct swap, Porkchop's diapcomp stem, motorcross cruiser bars, Porkchops diacomp caliper brakes, made extension...
  9. HOOSIERCYCLES

HELP ID WHAT ZEPHYR this is

New to site been building bikes for a long time and I remember manufacture to build low end entree level price points late 80's to ealry 90's but can't find anything on this style Cruiser. I found this one as a frame fork stem (bmx style) not one in picture, bar, derailleur (suntour) single...
  10. HOOSIERCYCLES

Greetings

I have been following site few months now figured out the TYPES of bicycles I have built and eventually want to build are here and they have a name "RAT ROD" Ok found a place I can share my enthusiasm for what I enjoy! Eric
Back