Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. piercer99

TIME FOR A CHANGE ...

thanks my friend. I will continue to see you in real life. see you rrb.
  2. piercer99

SOLD Prewar Westfield parts

Is the chain stretched at all? If not, I"ll take it.
  3. piercer99

Bikes made before 1920.

ca. 1918 Pierce D.B.R.R. Motor Bike. the original wheel set is in the barn, where they need to stay. The bike is old, however rides better than most new bikes. The lamp is converted to led, I ride a lot at night in the Texas summer, which lasts about 8 month typically. The battery tube is a...
  4. piercer99

Lucky 7 seat posts

I thought Chad quit making them. At least that is what he told me when I tried to get another from him.
  5. piercer99

Don't mind me I don't know what I am doing

are you sure? :cool:
  6. piercer99

I got this for chump change,... what is it?

that is a good estimate, however I would think it may be wrong. By the end of 1942, only 2 manufacturers were allowed to build bicycles in the U.S., Huffman and Westfield (Columbia), also by that time, production was about 150,000 Victory bicycles per year (civilian bicycles). It wasn't until...
  7. piercer99

I got this for chump change,... what is it?

The only way to actually tell the year on Huffman's from the early 40's, until 48, was the date code on the original fork. Here is a July 1943 example My June of 1944 Huffman has this date code on the fork, and this serial on the hanger bracket. Whereas in 1947, they started with the...
  8. piercer99

BO15 HOMEMADE SHINE has a totally different look!

The 'bent wrong tiller' handlebar, is from Scott McCaskey, not only some guy on the cabe, but the owner and founder of the cabe. He had a batch of Tiller bars made, and the manufacturer bent the handgrip area the wrong direction. Yours look great. Enjoy the bike, I am very glad to see it...
  9. piercer99

What have you been riding lately?

1927 Hawthorne Trail Blazer ridden, not hidden. (just sold it.)
  10. piercer99

1920's Hawthorne Flyer ?

late 20's early 30's. get some 700c rims and build a set of wheel, tune it up and ride it like you stole it. they are smooth riding bikes. Here is my 27 Hawthorne Trail Blazer.
  11. piercer99

What is the most high end bike you own

1920 Pierce model B.R. Amateur Sprint Racer. It is a very fast bicycle, (scary fast at times), not bad for 100 years old. 24.5 pounds of fun. carbon steel frame and fork.
  12. piercer99

Westfield Century

Westfield serial numbers are easy, just look at any Columbia serial number chart, Westfield built Columbia bicycles. Build a modern set of wheels, with vintage hubs and ride it like you stole it. They are a blast. This is my 1929 Westfield.
  13. piercer99

SOLD Lepper Primus Mens Saddle, Natural, Phat Cycles NOS. 135.00

from the Lepper website. This Primus saddle is a classic, authentic example of optimum comfort while cycling. Having a 7-fold suspension system in combination with a bend leather saddle cover, this classic is not only perfect for seating comfort during long touring events, it’s also...
  14. piercer99

SOLD - Curvy Frame Mens Elgin project 1939-1941 Murray built.

I bought this Elgin with plans to build a rat out of it, and after getting a bunch of parts together, I have lost interest in it. Sorry about the arrangement of the photos, and some aren't the best quality. Anyway, with that in mind, it is for sale. Circa 1939 - 1941 mens Elgin curvy frame...
  15. piercer99

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

1927 Hawthorne Trail Blazer
  16. piercer99

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

circa 1918 Pierce model D.B.R.R. Motor Bike
  17. piercer99

VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

I am pretty sure that the owner of said bicycle, Colin Kirsh, would disagree with your take on the bicycle. https://onlinebicyclemuseum.co.uk/ww1-german-bicycles/?tax=tour&tid=20
Back