Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Rollin Double Sixes

"Hindsight 20/20" WCC Done RDS Style

I built this for a friend so he could ride with me, his only requirement, "Big fat twenty inch tires." I thought about paint colour and couldn't get past flat black it's like an addiction. The banana seat I have had since I was a kid waiting to find the right project, this bike was screaming...
  2. Rollin Double Sixes

How to Straighten a Bent Fork?

I am now the proud owner of some bent forks. They look like the pilot has rammed straight into something causing the forks to bend towards the frame. Judging by the bend the pilot was sent screaming over the bars into some terrible fate from which they swore off biking and never rode again. It...
  3. Rollin Double Sixes

Pictures of the Seventh Annual Canadian Vintage Bicycle Show

Here are some pictures from my sick day "cough cough" at the Seventh Annual Canadian Vintage Bicycle Show. Thanks again Timbo for the heads up.
  4. Rollin Double Sixes

Do the Test

Check this out. It's funny and serious. Seriously funny. http://www.dothetest.co.uk/
  5. Rollin Double Sixes

Ghost in the Sun

I recently put my Phantom together so I could go for cruiser rides with a friend. I got it a year ago off of ebay for really cheap. It came with the original fenders and seat pan but no head badge or headlight. I wish the headlights didn't sell for so much so I could put the original fenders...
  6. Rollin Double Sixes

#32 The Backwoods Brawl'er

My Wards Hawthorne frame from Crassly is what I will be building off of. I took this pic the day it arrived. It even came with brand new chain tension bolts :D Thanks again Crassly! I haven't been able to find out the model name of this bike if anyone has any clues I would be interested...
  7. Rollin Double Sixes

The Canada Cycle & Motor Co. Double Vision Build

I have no idea what year these bikes are. I got the red one last year and the green one has been kicking around my parents house for years. The red bike has 28" wheels and the green has 26" wheels. I tore both bikes down without too much trouble and got to sanding them. Safety first...
  8. Rollin Double Sixes

Post Your Brain Buckets

I always wear a helmet just in case 'cause you never know whats going to happen on the streets or in the woods. I painted mine last year and would like to see what you guys are wearing to keep your head safe. Post up your helmets custom or not.
  9. Rollin Double Sixes

Spring build

Hi guys. My sister wanted a bike so i told her I would help build her one, but only if she did most of the sanding hahaha. It's a Schwinn Hollywood frame. We got to work sanding it and she picked out the colour scheme. We also got some shiny new Kenda whitewalls for it. We were able to get most...
  10. Rollin Double Sixes

Dirt Rats

Ah the combination of flat black, red and mud I love it. These are my mountain rigs, although there aren't any mountains near me so I guess they are my trail and jump rigs. This is what a 1999 Haro MX3 originally looked like. This is how I built it up. The frame was powder coated when I...
  11. Rollin Double Sixes

From Rust to Rat

Hey guys I recently finished this bike for a friend. It took me over a year to complete because - a) I am lazy. b) I had to redo the front wheel an repaint the spokes 3 times. I have only ever built 3 wheels in my life and these are two of them. I swapped the geared hub to an old CCM Hercules...
  12. Rollin Double Sixes

Stealth Schwinn B-2

Hi everyone, this is my first cruiser rat attempt. I built it during the RRBBO2 but never got around to joining the site till now. It rides straight, fast and smooth. I would like to eventually get a 8 speed internal hub setup for it to make it look cleaner. I love the horn and people always...
  13. Rollin Double Sixes

Will my bicycle addiction give me cancer?

Hi, my name is Kerby. I am from Ontario Canada and I love bikes. I have been obsessed with bikes since my first one. It was a crown bicycles sting ray knock off with a sparkle green frame and huge ape hangers. I have been lurking for close to a year and I have seen some sweet looking rigs on...
Back